St Mirren v ICT

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I saw John Baird kick Gregor Buchanan right on half time. What a horrible wee rat, should have been given a straight red.

That little shite is the love child of Robertson

whats with wee Robbo the fat belly and skinny jeans :P

4 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

McShane was fantastic today, thought he deserved MOTM just ahead of Morgan. Bonus points for breaking the corner flag trying to take a short corner as well!

He's been phenomenal. So composed. I was worried a few weeks ago that with him and McGinn in the same midfield, they were tripping over each other. He's complimented Stevie perfectly in the last few weeks to the point where you're barely even noticing McGinn as Lovejoy is already there. 

Also, Josh Todd, much like last season, massively impressed me in his 7 or 8 minute cameo today. 

Were going to be even better when Liam Smith, McKenzie, Davis and Magennis are back. I'll be honest, I thought we'd be pining for these players at this point but we're in a very fortunate position where we're going to strengthen further from a very good position. 

Yip. Crystal clear. 
Also missed an absolute stonewall penalty when Buchanan was tripped in the box  

Didn't look like a penalty to me at all more like an accidental collision. In fact I don't remember Buchanan making any great fuss about it.

Just now, Walter said:

Didn't look like a penalty to me at all more like an accidental collision. In fact I don't remember Buchanan making any great fuss about it.

I'm sure it WAS accidental.

That doesn't mean it isn't a foul though - unless you're talking about hand ball which has to be intentional.

Baird did aim a kick at Buchanan just as the half time whistle went; also he just got a talking to for taking out McShane after he passed the ball away.

At 4-2 with a few minutes to go Reilly was just inside the box and an ICT defender had both arms around Reilly's waist - nothing.

Maybe the best bit was when Stelios had gone off after getting treatment, and then his number came up to be subbed.  So he starts going across to go off. Collum, thinking he was trying to come back on - tells him to get off.  Then when he realises what's happening, he lets Stelios back on - and chastises him for not getting off quickly enough :-).

Someone on B&W Army posted an article with Collum bemoaning the fact that he's unfairly singled out by fans and makes no more mistakes than other refs.

Sorry Willie, but you're your own worst enemy.

After this result I think that Robertsons job would be better served  providing us with a team than can win games rather than serving his time giving interviews to the Courier on Friday about the young fans behavior two weeks after the Brechin game.

His appointment was never the fans choice but someone with irrelevant and unwanted influence on this pathetic board we have to endure for the time being.

Not as good as the Dundee United game but still more than enough to get the job done. Took us a while to get going and a bit shaky at the start of the second half, which eventually led to them scoring, but can't complain. Team has plenty of goals in it with the way we're playing and it's far more enjoyable than similar displays in the second half of last season when it was do or die every week.

Had a giggle when I saw Domino's pizza delivering around 20 pizzas at ict coach after the game and polworth desperately questioning where his pepperoni was nice to see Robbo encouraging healthy eating and each to your own.  2 slices of that guff gives me the gary glitters I bet you the coach was joey deacon on way up the rd lol.

11 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Had a giggle when I saw Domino's pizza delivering around 20 pizzas at ict coach after the game and polworth desperately questioning where his pepperoni was nice to see Robbo encouraging healthy eating and each to your own.  2 slices of that guff gives me the gary glitters I bet you the coach was joey deacon on way up the rd lol.

You should have the seen the gadgie Nova turn up with 5g of Charlie shortly after - traditional Paisley post match meal !

Camera work for yesterday's highlights is horrendous. Proper motion sickness stuff. Too far zoomed in and literally hundreds of unnecessary micro corrections. 

That being said, Gav Reilly definitely gets the second goal as it's not quite over the line at the point where he gets a toe on it and still could have been cleared, even though the Inverness player trying to clear it looked like he was just figuring out how to use legs for the first time whilst doing so. 

Archived