St Mirren v ICT

14 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Not dissimilar to our experience of being relegated. Win cup. Lose good players, not replace them adequately. We also had too many loanees, which was a risk as for every Newton and Dummett there was some right rubbish signed. Replaced cup winning manager with rubbish manager and get relegated despite offloading rubbish manager midseason. Spend a few seasons in Championship at the wrong end of the table. Inverness will improve. Not sure Robbo is the man to do it however.

Ridgers was ok with us. I guess he had a goal in him however not anywhere near the worst keeper I've seen at Saints recently. Dumbarton have him.

I really didn't rate Ridgers with us. He's still far better than Scott Gallacher though. 

Both will go down in infamy from that whole 3 year dark period though. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That first goal. Fuuuck.

McGinn ridiculously calm on the edge of the box. Reilly probably has no right to win the ball, let alone play in Morgan like he did. Ridgers has rubber wrists, but that build up and speed of attack deserved a goal.

Edit: McGinn lucky not to get booked in the build-up to the first Caley goal. Pulled their guy back about three times: fair play to their guy for staying on his feet and picking out the pass. You don't get that sort of honesty from some teams in this league.

32 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

That first goal. Fuuuck.

McGinn ridiculously calm on the edge of the box. Reilly probably has no right to win the ball, let alone play in Morgan like he did. Ridgers has rubber wrists, but that build up and speed of attack deserved a goal.

Edit: McGinn lucky not to get booked in the build-up to the first Caley goal. Pulled their guy back about three times: fair play to their guy for staying on his feet and picking out the pass. You don't get that sort of honesty from some teams in this league.

I was actually in the middle of applauding McGinn as I was sure the Caley player would go down and it was firmly in the 'good booking' category. 

Fair play to the Caley boy for staying on his feet. 

Feels good to be looking forward to Saturdays again and in particular home games, 27 saints goals in the last 9 home games I'm sure I read somewhere.

Thought we didn't play as well as we did against Dundee Utd but still managed to win relatively comfortably, this time last season we would have collapsed after going 1-1 and then 2-2 but now the team are confident in themselves to be able to go up the park and score at anytime. Was really impressed by McShane he's really came on to a game after looking shaky the first couple of games I seen him. Reilly was brilliant again, his work rate is incredible and he is able to hold the ball up with 2 and 3 men around him and make things happen out of nothing. Morgan was his usual dangerous self but didn't actually thing it was his best game (by his high standards), was surprised he got MOTM. Only drawback was losing 2 goals through the middle and another one similar that Sammy saved, something to work on midweek.

Bring on the Pars! Should be a great crowd through there next week.

What is Ridgers doing for our first goal? At the game I was wondering how it got past him as it didn't seem particularly well struck and it's straight at him, the highlights still don't really clear up how it went in, it's the kind of goal someone let's in during a game of fives so they can get out of the goals.

3 hours ago, thomas said:

What is Ridgers doing for our first goal? At the game I was wondering how it got past him as it didn't seem particularly well struck and it's straight at him, the highlights still don't really clear up how it went in, it's the kind of goal someone let's in during a game of fives so they can get out of the goals.

I was in main stand in line with 1st goal and ball took a deflection of caley defenders foot and it wrong footed Ridgers.

1 hour ago, Paul Cicero said:

I was in main stand in line with 1st goal and back took a deflection of caley defenders foot and it wrong footed Ridgers.

Not really noticed that but it would certainly help explain how it went through him.

Archived