Swimming with the fishes

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not great to hear to be honest.

I don't particularly have a problem with players having a drink and a night out but GMS is (you'd hope) trying to establish himself in the team.

Not great for him.

If it's true that he was getting himself away from bother in a nightclub, then a freak accident or something happened then it would reflect less poorly on him.

I'll be a lot more comfortable once it's confirmed he's ok though.

Are folk from Caithness just shitebags?

I remember Gary Farquar running away from a fight in Wick and getting knocked down while he was playing for saints. Absolutely shat it when he knew I knew what had happened, practically begging me not to tell anyone at the club as he'd lied about how he got injured. 

At first I thought he'd jumped in off the main bridge on Dumbarton road right next to Sanctuary, was amazed he was alive given that drop but if it's the Benalder street bridge it's a lot lower but still fairly high. It's also a few minutes away from Sanctuary which coupled with the stories of climbing a wall would suggest he ended up in the car park of the student flats and went in from there.

Streetview link

Also, in true P&B "it could have been me" trope I must have missed all this by about 10 minutes walking home from a house party on Saturday night as I got in just before 3am so would have walked past Sanctuary about 2.30. Or it could have been going on and I was completely oblivious.

12 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

At first I thought he'd jumped in off the main bridge on Dumbarton road right next to Sanctuary, was amazed he was alive given that drop but if it's the Benalder street bridge it's a lot lower but still fairly high. It's also a few minutes away from Sanctuary which coupled with the stories of climbing a wall would suggest he ended up in the car park of the student flats and went in from there.

Streetview link

Also, in true P&B "it could have been me" trope I must have missed all this by about 10 minutes walking home from a house party on Saturday night as I got in just before 3am so would have walked past Sanctuary about 2.30. Or it could have been going on and I was completely oblivious.

Was thinking jumping either bridge would be a pretty bonkers thing to do. Also Partick Bridge is downstream of the flocculation station (shithouse) at Kelvin Bridge. In the shite, right enough.

10 hours ago, G-MAN said:

FFS just been told he was unresponsive for a while.

If it's where Ive heard it was, the water isn't that deep there.

4 hours ago, glasgow-sheep said:

90 mins in the water and by the sounds of it a relatively lengthy search doesn't bode well

Not the first time he's been unresponsive for 90 minutes......

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Streetview link

So what you're saying is that he was running away from you?  

Archived