Berwick Rangers v Queen Of The South

Broony88

Hopefully will play a strong side and look to progress, sure we will but might choose to rest a couple. 

I would like to see Danny and Stirling starting out wide and probably Del and Dykes up front. Maybe best to give God a well earned rest not that he will want or needs one. 

Martin

Rooney/Mercer 

Fordyce

Brownlie

Marshall 

Danny

Tapping

Jacobs 

Stirling

Dykes

Del

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if Leighfield will be used as our Challenge Cup keeper or just got the nod V Airdrie cos Martin was still nursing a knock.  Will Kerr be unavailable because of U21 duties? This is probably the type of game Mercer could get a run-out in with Rooney on the bench as standby. If Dobbie is rested I would like to see Lyle,  Dykes and Kane on from the start to show an attacking intention.  I also think Kane needs the chance find his scoring touch and hopefully a few chances will come his way here.  

Leighfield/Martin 

Mercer,  Fordyce,  Brownlie,  Marshall

Tapping,   Jacobs, . Rankin 

Lyle, Kane,  Dykes. 

Obviously it would be great to watch Dobbie in every minute of every game,  especially as he has found his scoring form,  but even he will need rested at some point. 

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I don't know if Leighfield will be used as our Challenge Cup keeper or just got the nod V Airdrie cos Martin was still nursing a knock.  Will Kerr be unavailable because of U21 duties? This is probably the type of game Mercer could get a run-out in with Rooney on the bench as standby. If Dobbie is rested I would like to see Lyle,  Dykes and Kane on from the start to show an attacking intention.  I also think Kane needs the chance find his scoring touch and hopefully a few chances will come his way here.  

Leighfield/Martin 

Mercer,  Fordyce,  Brownlie,  Marshall

Tapping,   Jacobs, . Rankin 

Lyle, Kane,  Dykes. 

Obviously it would be great to watch Dobbie in every minute of every game,  especially as he has found his scoring form,  but even he will need rested at some point. 

Yes Kerr will be away with Scotland and won't feature.

If you watch Naysmith's interview after the Falkirk game he all but confirms Stirling will start and that Martin is still nursing that injury.  He also talks about how tough a decision it was to drop Lyle so I'd expect him to probably feature and possibly Leighfield as well.  As I said in the last Irn Bru Cup thread I hope we play Leighfield in this competition.

How we accommodate the above players is the big question.  By all accounts Dykes had a great game against Falkirk and it would be good for him to keep that momentum going.  Kane could do with some goals to build his confidence and this game offers a good chance for him to do that.  As you suggest, in many ways dropping Dobbie makes the most sense but equally even typing that sentence felt a bit strange.

Mercer could do with a confidence boosting run out as well and I suspect he will feature.  I think your team will be pretty close but with Stirling coming in.  Probably for Rankin to give him a rest perhaps?

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Yes Kerr will be away with Scotland and won't feature.

If you watch Naysmith's interview after the Falkirk game he all but confirms Stirling will start and that Martin is still nursing that injury.  He also talks about how tough a decision it was to drop Lyle so I'd expect him to probably feature and possibly Leighfield as well.  As I said in the last Irn Bru Cup thread I hope we play Leighfield in this competition.

How we accommodate the above players is the big question.  By all accounts Dykes had a great game against Falkirk and it would be good for him to keep that momentum going.  Kane could do with some goals to build his confidence and this game offers a good chance for him to do that.  As you suggest, in many ways dropping Dobbie makes the most sense but equally even typing that sentence felt a bit strange.

Mercer could do with a confidence boosting run out as well and I suspect he will feature.  I think your team will be pretty close but with Stirling coming in.  Probably for Rankin to give him a rest perhaps?

I think you're spot on. Pretty reasonable assumptions that Leighfield and Mercer will start and, as you say, Naysmith all but confirmed that Stirling and Tapping will start.

I think the only questions marks will be who misses out for Stirling and whether or not Lyle or Dykes starts up front. He might give Dobbie a rest but Id be a little surprised. Although, Stirling could play that role in behind the strikers.

Berwick should be a tad buoyed by last week's win and a new manager looking on.

Nothing expected against a Team pushing strongly for the Premiership, but I think we will play with a bit of freedom and extra confidence. 

Looking forward to it. Chance for some to impress the new gaffer.

7 hours ago, sammyreidloyal said:

Many from Dumfries heading over?

I wouldnt think we,ll bring that many, Iknow the Travel Club bus is full so i would think about 150-200 of us.Would,ve been more had it been the scottish cup.

15 posts about sum this game up I'd say. We'd have had a free week even if we weren't in the cup I assume, but the break from the league is a crap time for us given our start. A clean sheet and some goals would be nice today I suppose.

Archived