So we saw McGregor last til round 10 with TBE

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly think Mayweather would last longer than 30 seconds or at least, he could, based on James Toney's attempt vs Couture.

There's a reason you don't cross your sport and Toney is the prime example of why boxers shouldn't think they'd excel in MMA and McGregor is the prime example of why being good at MMA doesn't mean you'd excel against a world class boxer.

Both guys were utterly humiliated in different ways.

58 minutes ago, xNicola_Ghirl1888x said:

Not upset though. Aye, he lost but I'm proud of him for doing something that no-one else would dare do & shutting up everyone who said he'd be destroyed. He wasnae destroyed in any way, he was winning the fight until he got tired. Would Floyd Mayweather even last 20 seconds in a cage? Would he f**k.

no one else would dare fight a 40 year old boxer known for having little to no punching power for 70+ million?. I'd fight floyd for 10 grand and I can't fight sleep. Now if Mcpotato fought an animal like GGG then I would have more respect for him.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I certainly think Mayweather would last longer than 30 seconds or at least, he could, based on James Toney's attempt vs Couture.

There's a reason you don't cross your sport and Toney is the prime example of why boxers shouldn't think they'd excel in MMA and McGregor is the prime example of why being good at MMA doesn't mean you'd excel against a world class boxer.

Both guys were utterly humiliated in different ways.

The big positive is that there are probably loads of kids itching to join gyms of both persuasions after the absolute shitfest of hype that surrounded the bout.

5 hours ago, xNicola_Ghirl1888x said:

McGregor is a fucking legend & was beating the best boxer ever at his own sport until he got tired. End of story. If ye cannae respect that then honestly ur just a w****r.

Sensational post! :lol: 

McGregor is a fucking legend & was beating the best boxer ever at his own sport until he got tired. End of story. If ye cannae respect that then honestly ur just a w****r.

Not upset though. Aye, he lost but I'm proud of him for doing something that no-one else would dare do & shutting up everyone who said he'd be destroyed. He wasnae destroyed in any way, he was winning the fight until he got tired. Would Floyd Mayweather even last 20 seconds in a cage? Would he f**k.

U OK ***?

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

What was McGregor's "I made him look like a Mexican" comment all about?

Mexican fighters have a reputation for coming forward and getting involved in wars (Barrera v Morales trilogy for example), as opposed to someone like Mayweather who generally backs off, makes their opponent miss and then counter punches. He was basically just saying that he drew Mayweather in to a fire fight, which is partially true, but less to do with his 'style' (and I use that term fucking loosely) and more to do with the fact that he was so out of his depth that Mayweather knew he was never being hurt in a million years so just marched forward.

2 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Mexican fighters have a reputation for coming forward and getting involved in wars (Barrera v Morales trilogy for example), as opposed to someone like Mayweather who generally backs off, makes their opponent miss and then counter punches. He was basically just saying that he drew Mayweather in to a fire fight, which is partially true, but less to do with his 'style' (and I use that term fucking loosely) and more to do with the fact that he was so out of his depth that Mayweather knew he was never being hurt in a million years so just marched forward.

Probably the weakest part of Mayweather's game, he can do it but even at his peak it was his counter-punching style that escalated him above the opposition.

29 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Probably the weakest part of Mayweather's game, he can do it but even at his peak it was his counter-punching style that escalated him above the opposition.

Absolutely. Said it in the other thread, but it was to McGregor's benefit that he was fighting a slick and incredibly famous boxer as opposed to someone up and coming or with something to prove. The likes of Spence, Thurman, Khan or Brook would have utterly dismantled him and slingshotted their careers off the back of it. Mayweather was happy to treat it as a testimonial and coast in to retirement.

Obviously there's an argument to be made that he wouldn't have boxed anyone other than Mayweather anyway - for both financial and the reasons above - but if he does decide to give it another go and fight at a decent level with someone who can bang, he could be in real trouble. Should be getting back to the Octagon and away from boxing as soon as he can for the good of his health, in my opinion, although can see a fairly safe 'grudge' fight with pillow fists Paulie happening at some point. 

33 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Absolutely. Said it in the other thread, but it was to McGregor's benefit that he was fighting a slick and incredibly famous boxer as opposed to someone up and coming or with something to prove. The likes of Spence, Thurman, Khan or Brook would have utterly dismantled him and slingshotted their careers off the back of it. Mayweather was happy to treat it as a testimonial and coast in to retirement.

Obviously there's an argument to be made that he wouldn't have boxed anyone other than Mayweather anyway - for both financial and the reasons above - but if he does decide to give it another go and fight at a decent level with someone who can bang, he could be in real trouble. Should be getting back to the Octagon and away from boxing as soon as he can for the good of his health, in my opinion, although can see a fairly safe 'grudge' fight with pillow fists Paulie happening at some point. 

If it was me I'd be going to Madison Square Gardens for a "grudge fight" with the local boy, probably get stopped but more chance of a win and far more cash than he'll get in MMA.

Archived