So we saw McGregor last til round 10 with TBE

And do quite well for a debut fighter and win 2 rounds early before he tired...my question to you guys is...

If Floyd money came in to McGregors world (he never will) and fought an MMA fight against him, would Floyd be capable of lasting more than 30 seconds? 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mon The Port said:

And do quite well for a debut fighter and win 2 rounds early before he tired...my question to you guys is...

If Floyd money came in to McGregors world (he never will) and fought an MMA fight against him, would Floyd be capable of lasting more than 30 seconds? 

Puts McGregor in the Top 10 pound for pound boxers of all time imo.

McGregor lasted until round 10 because Mayweather did nothing for the opening 4.

As to what would happen if the roles were reversed, dunno.

I expect Mayweather wouldn't be so stupid, vain and blinkered as to imagine he could just waltz into another sport.
Similarly we don't see Olympic rowers suddenly deciding to give shot putt a go, footballers tend not to have a crack at marathon running, and Team Sky isn't filled with folk that think they could give world championship diving a crack.

I watched the fight. It was pretty poor fare. There's already more than enough shit boxing to watch without anyone adding to it.

2 minutes ago, milton75 said:

McGregor lasted until round 10 because Mayweather did nothing for the opening 4.

As to what would happen if the roles were reversed, dunno.

I expect Mayweather wouldn't be so stupid, vain and blinkered as to imagine he could just waltz into another sport.
Similarly we don't see Olympic rowers suddenly deciding to give shot putt a go, footballers tend not to have a crack at marathon running, and Team Sky isn't filled with folk that think they could give world championship diving a crack.

I watched the fight. It was pretty poor fare. There's already more than enough shit boxing to watch without anyone adding to it.

So what you're saying here in Messi won't be nicking sets from Federer any time soon?

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

In what manner did Floyd Jr win? Did the ref just stop it in the 10th as Mgregor was fucked?

Pretty much, yes. Floyd let him wear himself out for a few rounds then toyed with him before starting to slap him about a bit. 

1 hour ago, Mon The Port said:

If you actually wanted to reverse the roles you'd need a 40 year old MMA fighter who hasnt fought for two years and a 30 year old boxer in his prime.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

No. Completely different skill sets required for MMA from boxing.

MMA that's up there with the WWF types, i thought better of you.

MMA ffs :lol:

The only certainty that came from last night was that Floyd is definitely a spent boxer, that's probably why McGregor was the perfect 50 & 0 fight from his point of view, better last night than some low ranked dumpling having a shot of defeating a spent Money.

Archived