Trapdoorwatch 2017-18

I was on the terrace as a neutral.
So there.
Some folk are pure mental! I planned to go on the terrace but sussed at the gate that there was no free movement so sat in the old stand instead. It was pretty full and I couldn't really see why people detest central park so much

15 minutes ago, calmac25 said:
2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:
I was on the terrace as a neutral.
So there.

Some folk are pure mental! I planned to go on the terrace but sussed at the gate that there was no free movement so sat in the old stand instead. It was pretty full and I couldn't really see why people detest central park so much

Having been there a fair number of times, I'll agree that the level of sheer dislike isn't particularly merited but being pretty run down with obscured views relatively far away from the pitch doesn't help it's rep.  These are usually people who hate Hampden for being 'miles from the pitch' though, so CP is never going to fare well.    That said, I did once find a turd on the floor of the toilets at CP (one with a footprint in it), so it's a hard argument to challenge at times. 

Image result for central park cowdenbeath

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Having been there a fair number of times, I'll agree that the level of sheer dislike isn't particularly merited but being pretty run down with obscured views relatively far away from the pitch doesn't help it's rep.  These are usually people who hate Hampden for being 'miles from the pitch' though, so CP is never going to fare well.    That said, I did once find a turd on the floor of the toilets at CP (one with a footprint in it), so it's a hard argument to challenge at times. 

Image result for central park cowdenbeath

Are you using that photo in defense or against CP?

It's a dingy shitehole with terrible views.

26 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

It's a dingy shitehole with terrible views.

As much as that is true, there's just something about it that beats a Broadwood / New Broomfield / St Mirren Park, hence for some godforesaken reason, I like it. 

I can mind watching this and completely associating with Winter at 14:25 (despite the Brechin game shown before, which I was at) 

Edited by Hedgecutter

On 4/19/2018 at 21:54, Hedgecutter said:

As much as that is true, there's just something about it that beats a Broadwood / New Broomfield / St Mirren Park, hence for some godforesaken reason, I like it. 

I can mind watching this and completely associating with Winter at 14:25 (despite the Brechin game shown before, which I was at) 

I'm all for grounds with a bit of character, Love Street was probablyone of  the best examples of that, CP is quirky, but not in a good way.

Count me as another neutral on the terrace. Had a cold for days afterwards, but terracing > stands

While there were obviously a decent number of neutrals taking it in, I'd still say comfortably more than half were genuine EK fans.

Edited by Dunning1874

cowdenbeath-fc-central-park-east-terrace-1433497832.jpg
I think having an electric fence is taking it a bit far! [emoji6]

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is more for the 'pyramid' thread but it's so far down the pages I can't find it.

Anyway, just a couple of issues to chuck in after today. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I'll admit I'm not in favour of the pyramid as it stands. But, I would be if the whole set up changed. It's OK for fans from higher division clubs to pontificate about automatic relegation from L2 but in a 10 team division auto relegation would be harsh. A different matter if it was a 16 or 18 team division however where a team could go through a hard time and maybe recover but more difficult in a 10 team division.

Under the present 10 team structure however I'd still be in favour of auto relegation if there was a SPFL League 3. Oh, you might say it's ridiculous to have L3 teams travelling the length and breadth of the country but if the SPFL invited another 10 teams into a new L3 I wonder how many would apply. If they were in L2 they would have to travel the length and breadth of the country so lets see how many HL and LL clubs apply with the carrot of auto promotion. On a positive note it might just entice a few Junior clubs to join in and that in my opinion would certainly make the pyramid structure more robust. A L3 would be better than relegation to the LL of HL as well particularly if it ever befell any of the Angus clubs - Angus is not in the Highlands and relates more to the Fife and central belt than to the Highlands. Potential relegation to the HL was a matter of convenience for the SPFL - convenience, not commonsense.

21 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

I know this is more for the 'pyramid' thread but it's so far down the pages I can't find it.

Anyway, just a couple of issues to chuck in after today. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I'll admit I'm not in favour of the pyramid as it stands. But, I would be if the whole set up changed. It's OK for fans from higher division clubs to pontificate about automatic relegation from L2 but in a 10 team division auto relegation would be harsh. A different matter if it was a 16 or 18 team division however where a team could go through a hard time and maybe recover but more difficult in a 10 team division.

Under the present 10 team structure however I'd still be in favour of auto relegation if there was a SPFL League 3. Oh, you might say it's ridiculous to have L3 teams travelling the length and breadth of the country but if the SPFL invited another 10 teams into a new L3 I wonder how many would apply. If they were in L2 they would have to travel the length and breadth of the country so lets see how many HL and LL clubs apply with the carrot of auto promotion. On a positive note it might just entice a few Junior clubs to join in and that in my opinion would certainly make the pyramid structure more robust. A L3 would be better than relegation to the LL of HL as well particularly if it ever befell any of the Angus clubs - Angus is not in the Highlands and relates more to the Fife and central belt than to the Highlands. Potential relegation to the HL was a matter of convenience for the SPFL - convenience, not commonsense.

I think having a relegation play-off right now is fine. Until clubs start winning you can argue that the quality below isn't good enough and it's too steep a drop for the relegated team.

Think the ship has well and truly sailed on any national league below League Two. Those outwith the SPFL would likely welcome it but it would never be a SPFL competition as a further share of the money generated would go on smaller clubs that don't add anything (Big Clubs argument, look at Ann Budge saying there are too many clubs).

The SFA also don't want a Highlands League its one of the of the reasons the original proposal for feeder leagues were 10 team North & South Divisions. The SPFL also decided on the HL/LL boundary and it would indicate they'd rather that the Tier 5 in the North of Scotland will eventually skew more Northeast instead of Highlands.

Eh, tough shit? Don't be the worst time in the league system and they won't have to worry about it.
Cowden deserve to stay up today because of current play-off rules but they should have been relegated last season and this.

No they shouldn't - the system is clear. The SPFL is a league of 42 clubs they agreed to open up their structure to new clubs who met the criteria - winning a play off competition. There never was any automatic promotion into the SPFL or SFL and the 42 SPFL clubs made a major concession in agreeing a play off system. They could instead have kept a closed shop. If Cowden went down I wouldn't be whining about the difficulty of getting back. However, if the non league sides strengthen the pyramid such that the juniors coming in generates better competition, crowds, sponsorship, etc then the 42 SPFL clubs then might perhaps further consider whether conceding automatic promotion and relegation is appropriate.

Automatic promotion and relegation is the only way forward. Scottish football should consider 3 national leagues of 16 and regionalised football below that.

It works pretty well in Germany, surely we could adopt a similar model?

As a Shire fan we deserved to be relegated 10 years before we were. Cowden are only going one way, they've deserved to be relegated the last 2 years, especially this season.

With the juniors joining the pyramid system , it cannot function as it is. Tier 6 league winners play each other for 1 LL spot. HL/LL winners play each other for a shot at a spot in the SPFL. Unsustainable.

Automatic promotion and relegation is the only way forward. Scottish football should consider 3 national leagues of 16 and regionalised football below that.

It works pretty well in Germany, surely we could adopt a similar model?

As a Shire fan we deserved to be relegated 10 years before we were. Cowden are only going one way, they've deserved to be relegated the last 2 years, especially this season.

With the juniors joining the pyramid system , it cannot function as it is. Tier 6 league winners play each other for 1 LL spot. HL/LL winners play each other for a shot at a spot in the SPFL. Unsustainable.

How is Germany as a country and a footballing nation in any way similar to Scotland?

Afraid not - when 1320 Lichtie gives you a like then you are scraping the barrel

But you are.

You were all for the colts coming in if it meant Cowden got more cash and you bored everyone to tears with that on the other thread. No matter what it meant for the competition or the league.

There’s no way you’d be happy with the way things are now if you were to go down, you’d most definitely do a 180 and start championing the automatic up and down.

Absolutely nothing wrong with wanting what you see is best for your club but don’t try and kid anyone else on.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Eh, tough shit? Don't be the worst time in the league system and they won't have to worry about it.

Cowden deserve to stay up today because of current play-off rules but they should have been relegated last season and this.

Its league system that's evolving. There's going to be automatic relegation from the SPFL soon enough. It might well happen this summer as the Lowland League will likely be voting for extra relegation spots to accomodate changes in Tier 6, so promotion to the SPFL might be looked at as part of those negotiations.

The fact that the Lowland & Highland leagues have a poor record right now against Club 42 probably doesn't help their position.

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

But you are.

You were all for the colts coming in if it meant Cowden got more cash and you bored everyone to tears with that on the other thread. No matter what it meant for the competition or the league.

There’s no way you’d be happy with the way things are now if you were to go down, you’d most definitely do a 180 and start championing the automatic up and down.

Absolutely nothing wrong with wanting what you see is best for your club but don’t try and kid anyone else on.

As a colleague and long time friend, going  back to our Supporters Club days, I can categorically say that neither CC nor myself , nor indeed  any other member of the Board favoured  the Colts proposal. The Chairman's response was pithy and not fit for minuting verbatim. I do believe CC was winding you up!!