The Gretna 2008 Thread

gretnascotty

No programme though seen some team sheets.
Being a Carlisle Utd Fan plenty if choice now to watch other teams when Carlisle are away or not playing usually i can do one of Annan, Edu Sport ,Gretna , Penrith Carlisle City

Watched 2 of Gretna's pre season games and thought they'd struggle this season Heanny stole a few of the decent Penrith players but was never a decent manager at Penrith and I didn't expect him to last the season
Jordan Little and Johnny Jamison at the back were solid at the back for Penrith
Kev Connolly up front doesn't look much like a footballer but doesn't half work hard never stops running
As a result Penrith have now struggled this season losing the keeper was a big blow

Ne Programmes at Gretna for a few seasons now

5 hours ago, cumbrianprogrammes said:

Being a Carlisle Utd Fan plenty if choice now to watch other teams when Carlisle are away or not playing usually i can do one of Annan, Edu Sport ,Gretna , Penrith Carlisle City

Watched 2 of Gretna's pre season games and thought they'd struggle this season Heanny stole a few of the decent Penrith players but was never a decent manager at Penrith and I didn't expect him to last the season
Jordan Little and Johnny Jamison at the back were solid at the back for Penrith
Kev Connolly up front doesn't look much like a footballer but doesn't half work hard never stops running
As a result Penrith have now struggled this season losing the keeper was a big blow

Ne Programmes at Gretna for a few seasons now

Only team in LL too as far as I'm aware. Clubs at least have produced a 4 or 5 page spread... 

Gretna used to produce a very good programme as well. 

I have to say i'm maybe biased but i thought the game of the day yesterday was at Raydale.

The game is a local derby and was very much played like one too. Probably our best crowd of the season helped by the excellent travelling away support.  We definitely deserved to be in front after a bright start and 2-0 just after half time was justifiable, but near enough straight after our second goal we switched off & let Dalbeattie back in the game, we conceded two very poor goals (the first was a good goal from Dalbeattie's point of view) both were defenders switching off & it looked as if we'd thrown the 3 points away, Dalbeattie really could have been in front themselves in the last 10 minutes with a header just wide where the lad really should have scored. It was thanks to a goalmouth scramble where we got our winner, Star failed to clear & Connelly managed to stab the ball home. A stramash in the goalmouth followed where Jack Hunter was shown a red but it was very difficult to see who committed what offence, Star saw red minutes later from an off the ball incident but to be fair the referee had lost the plot far earlier, needless yellows for nothing really and deserved bookings going unpunished, that was the only negative to the game though.

Another good win for us though, those games are the ones we'd been losing or drawing previously so it was nice to get the win.  A really good 7 out of 9 points in the last 3 games and could easily have been maximum points.  Encouraging times under Irons & Aitken.

A quick note, very enjoyable night had in the "wee bar" afterward with a very good turnout for the fundraising event.  A free drink for everyone after the game & myself and a few others managed to win a free round of drinks after winning the football quiz put on after the game.  The Snail racing was surprisingly popular & i managed to win a bottle in the raffle as well, although a very sore head today! 

All we need now is 3 points tonight!!!!!

On 06/10/2017 at 04:20, newcastle broon said:

Only team in LL too as far as I'm aware. Clubs at least have produced a 4 or 5 page spread... 

Gretna used to produce a very good programme as well. 

Its a shame, we had a very good programme that Cicero used to produce, i myself put a couple of contributions towards it including a football quiz. Unfortunately the board/committee changed hands & the current people don't produce one.  Very unfortunate as i took great pride in our programme & did plan on bettering it but it just wasn't to be.

10 minutes ago, gretnascotty said:

I have to say i'm maybe biased but i thought the game of the day yesterday was at Raydale.

A quick note, very enjoyable night had in the "wee bar" afterward with a very good turnout for the fundraising event.  A free drink for everyone after the game & myself and a few others managed to win a free round of drinks after winning the football quiz put on after the game.  The Snail racing was surprisingly popular & i managed to win a bottle in the raffle as well, although a very sore head today! 

All we need now is 3 points tonight!!!!!

Agree with Scotty there. Smashing game though the Ref was handing out yellow cards to our players like a demented Windmill. 

Only the Ref knows why we couldnt see much wrong .

Yes and the Snail race was great craic though Scotty lost a small fortune lol.

• 1 month later...

Interesting two games coming up for Gretna,  and Selkirk of course.  

A double header. I expect and hope! Gretna will get two wins over the next two weeks against Selkirk. 

Yes they stuffed us 4-0 in the Scottish though I fancy different results over the next two games.

• 8 months later...

First time i’ve been on here in ages..........Should have much more updates on the goings on at Raydale this coming season.  Couldn’t get to many games 2nd half of last season due to work commitments but that has fortunately changed.  

I have taken over the clubs twitter page & there are at least 2 more individuals helping out with the social media now.

Looking forward to the season ahead.

Good luck all!!!

6 hours ago, gretnascotty said:

First time i’ve been on here in ages..........Should have much more updates on the goings on at Raydale this coming season.  Couldn’t get to many games 2nd half of last season due to work commitments but that has fortunately changed.  

I have taken over the clubs twitter page & there are at least 2 more individuals helping out with the social media now.

Looking forward to the season ahead.

Good luck all!!!

What happened to yer kitman. 10 years service Defo no loyalty in the game nowadays.........

15 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

What happened to yer kitman. 10 years service Defo no loyalty in the game nowadays.........

Tommy has been a great servant to the club, its a great shame he gone from his role.  I’ve no idea what happened personally, its an internal issue & i don’t have anything to do with the ins & outs.  Last time i was at Raydale was last home game of last season, have been unable to attend any pre-season games, i’ll be there saturday though.

Edited by gretnascotty