Buffs kicked out of Ardagh

geo 1909

A genuine error if true. Teams could play trialists in the sectional matches but players had to be signed to be eligible to play from the quarter finals onwards. I was only made aware of this ruling as we had to register Stewart Kean prior to Wednesday nights match against Largs.
I do have sympathy with the Buffs but I suppose rules are rules

7 minutes ago, The'FORD said:

A genuine error if true. Teams could play trialists in the sectional matches but players had to be signed to be eligible to play from the quarter finals onwards. I was only made aware of this ruling as we had to register Stewart Kean prior to Wednesday nights match against Largs.
I do have sympathy with the Buffs but I suppose rules are rules

Has always been the case that the groups were 'league' rules and QFs onwards 'cup-tie' rules. It's not a new thing.

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Everyones a winner though, Auchinleck get Irvine's pub team in a quarter final, pub team gets a decent gate and Kilwinning don't have to deal with the mad Auchinleck support.:)

We beat Girvan in the quarters, so deffo not a quarter final.....are the seniors different ?

Everyones a winner though, Auchinleck get Irvine's pub team in a quarter final, pub team gets a decent gate and Kilwinning don't have to deal with the mad Auchinleck support.[emoji4]

Irvine's pub team, Marymass Cup winners!! And it'll be the semi finals as we played Buffs in the quarters!

Mon the Toria!

There was an article in the Irvine Herald about this a little while ago, I believe it now haha.

Looking forward to it, games are coming thick and fast for us now but the boys will be enjoying all of them, brilliant pay day for the Vics on Wednesday night as well now.

Mon the Toria!

Is this not the second time in a few seasons that the Buffs have been caught out with this?

They were deducted 19 points after fielding an ineligible player in 2014 which resulted in relegation to the ADL.

There was also an appeal by Lugar around a year later after the manager replaced a player who was injured during the warm up but that was thrown out.

just a wee mention, according to the SJFA website the tie between Clydebank and Buffs has been switched to Abbey Park, Kilwinning.  I presume it's been the heavy rain up around Glasgow, I just came back via the M8 and there was an inch of standing water around Hillington area.

Archived