Guess the ground

Flybhoy

11 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

stonebridge-road.jpg

that's stonbridge road where ebbsfleet united play (or where gravesend + northfleet play, if you're a senile old git like me...) - fiesty times there when that was a terrace during the local derbies with Maidstone United in the conference, back in the day....

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:
that's stonbridge road where ebbsfleet united play (or where gravesend + northfleet play, if you're a senile old git like me...) - fiesty times there when that was a terrace during the local derbies with Maidstone United in the conference, back in the day....

Correct!  Was involved with MyFC when we owned Ebbsfleet at the time, just after the name change is when we took over.  Started well as owners and then made an arse of it. 

Edited by senorsoupe

57 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

right - let's try this one then....

21077412_1100345006768254_26224482525499

no longer in use (as from a couple of years ago) - and from this angle, you can't see the feature that'd give it away....

Is it Barnet's old ground? The seats in the stand seem to be yellow and I've vague memories of that top left corner from football highlights shows thinking it had echoes of Ross County when adding things on to develop the ground. They moved to the ridiculously named The Hive a couple of seasons ago. Haven't got a clue what landmark there is in Barnet though.

2 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Is it Barnet's old ground? The seats in the stand seem to be yellow and I've vague memories of that top left corner from football highlights shows thinking it had echoes of Ross County when adding things on to develop the ground. They moved to the ridiculously named The Hive a couple of seasons ago. Haven't got a clue what landmark there is in Barnet though.

yup - it's underhill - and the feature you cannot see from an overhead shot is.......the sloping pitch !

22 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

yup - it's underhill - and the feature you cannot see from an overhead shot is.......the sloping pitch !

Didn't realise it had a major slope. I suppose there might be a clue in the name though!

35 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

would have been a bit harsh to have done that one and cropped out the river !

32 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Re-looking at an overhead I realize the river is closer than I thought when I posted that! 

My old man put a shot (or was it a clearance?!) in that river when he played as a trialist for Shrewsbury Town back in the 60s.