Huntly

EdTheDuck

48 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Or maybe not. Is the 0-5 score vs Cove the fluke or the 1-0 win vs Brora? Oh it's all very...premature

Huntly well beaten by Cove in the Aberdeenshire Cup last night by all accounts. It's been a mixed start for several teams in the Highland League leading to a mixture of doom/gloom and perhaps over optimism. That's what makes the Highland League exciting, It's so difficult to predict.

1 hour ago, Northboy said:

Huntly well beaten by Cove in the Aberdeenshire Cup last night by all accounts. It's been a mixed start for several teams in the Highland League leading to a mixture of doom/gloom and perhaps over optimism. That's what makes the Highland League exciting, It's so difficult to predict.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. I didn't see last night's cup score before I posted that shite. I think I have my answer to the opening question...

It does have the makings of another cracking season although they usually are.

They were ok in spells against Cove in the league fixture before collapsing at the end and conceding three in the closing quarter of an hour. 

With Brora struggling so far and Formartine being their usual waste of everyone's time, it's between Cove and Buckie for the title again. The two were scheduled to meet next weekend but that's been postponed til further notice due to the Challenge Cup. Could be an interesting end of season game. 

10 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

They were ok in spells against Cove in the league fixture before collapsing at the end and conceding three in the closing quarter of an hour. 

With Brora struggling so far and Formartine being their usual waste of everyone's time, it's between Cove and Buckie for the title again. The two were scheduled to meet next weekend but that's been postponed til further notice due to the Challenge Cup. Could be an interesting end of season game. 

Well ain't that just fucking peachy

Gives me no sense of anything but foreboding for tomorrow

Course we did beat Brora too and pushed Cove to an odd goal in 3

but we have been shite too

sigh

• 2 weeks later...

Archived