#CollectingNectar

Roughly 2 weeks ago I spent all of the Nectar points I'd accumulated. This was worth over £108. Today, having not long ago wiped the slate clean, I'm back in the nectar court and the proud umpire of £4.08 worth of nectar points. Without a doubt, I'm extremely skilled at #CollectingNectar.

Do you collect nectar points?

What do you spend them on?

How many have you got?

How long have you been collecting?

How many points do you gain a week?

Where? Why? When?...do you collect nectar.

My points went towards a PlayStation. I now list car jacking and major drug offences on Grand Theft Auto within my personal hobbies. This is all because I'm a pro at #CollectingNectar.

With stuff like this and Tesco clubcard points, is there anything to stop you making a huge purchase, then returning it for a refund? I'm guessing they probably deduct the points again, although maybe I'm the first person in the country to have thought of this. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

With stuff like this and Tesco clubcard points, is there anything to stop you making a huge purchase, then returning it for a refund? I'm guessing they probably deduct the points again, although maybe I'm the first person in the country to have thought of this. 

About seven years ago I went to Tesco to get my son yet another phone.

I had bought him a Blackberry with a decent contract, when I got home he threw a wobbly insisting he wouldn't be seen dead with a Blackberry.

After telling him he'll have to go without, I took it back, the assistant immediately cancelled the contract and refunded the cost of the phone telling me I get to keep the clubcard points.

Three days later I received a Tesco gift card for £100 through the post, I went to the store and discovered that this was part of the deal, I spent it months later when I bought a new laptop.

We save our nectar points up towards Christmas time when we need to buy chocolates and food for the big day.

Tesco gets wasted on whatever shite my partner decides she needs. "Oh a food processor we'll use that lots" :huh:

3 hours ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Roughly 2 weeks ago I spent all of the Nectar points I'd accumulated. This was worth over £108. Today, having not long ago wiped the slate clean, I'm back in the nectar court and the proud umpire of £4.08 worth of nectar points. Without a doubt, I'm extremely skilled at #CollectingNectar.

Do you collect nectar points?

What do you spend them on?

How many have you got?

How long have you been collecting?

How many points do you gain a week?

Where? Why? When?...do you collect nectar.

My points went towards a PlayStation. I now list car jacking and major drug offences on Grand Theft Auto within my personal hobbies. This is all because I'm a pro at #CollectingNectar.

Tampons. You got tampons.

Nectar points are collected then"doubled up" during their double points voucher promos to spend on wines that have to be from Sainburys "best" or whatever they call it range. We always have more than enough to exchange for the maximum allowed in these promotions.

26 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Convert the Tesco points to Air Miles. Had several free flights and hotel nights from that.

Nectar, use in Sainsbury or Argos.

I had a look at that, but it all got a bit complicated for my feeble brain. I've got around £100 worth of Tesco clubcard vouchers... do you know roughly how far that would get me?

In the past, I've used the vouchers for days-out as that's where you get the most value, e.g. Camera Obscura in Edinburgh is around £30 for 2 adults, but you can get in with £7.50 of clubcard vouchers. 

15 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I had a look at that, but it all got a bit complicated for my feeble brain. I've got around £100 worth of Tesco clubcard vouchers... do you know roughly how far that would get me?

In the past, I've used the vouchers for days-out as that's where you get the most value, e.g. Camera Obscura in Edinburgh is around £30 for 2 adults, but you can get in with £7.50 of clubcard vouchers. 

I also use a Tesco credit card for day to day stuff anywhere so you get points no matter where you spend.

If you have/set up an Airmiles account you can link the two so that all Tesco points get converted to Airmiles once per quarter

4 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

I also use a Tesco credit card for day to day stuff anywhere so you get points no matter where you spend.

If you have/set up an Airmiles account you can link the two so that all Tesco points get converted to Airmiles once per quarter

Yeah, I do that too. Although they recently bumped it up from £4 to £8 per point so it's not quite as good. 

I'll set up an Airmiles account and see what happens!

Archived