Cyclist charged with Manslaughter

mizfit

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Where?

Places like this http://www.secondcycles.co.uk/gallery-2/

Loads of social enterprise all over doing up old bikes and selling them.

You would need to come to Dundee for that one but we would meet up and drink mcewans export at the swing park.

19 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Places like this http://www.secondcycles.co.uk/gallery-2/

Loads of social enterprise all over doing up old bikes and selling them.

You would need to come to Dundee for that one but we would meet up and drink mcewans export at the swing park.

I look now and again, then decide I'd rather die in bed full of morphine than be tangled in the mechanics of a lorry, but I'll have a look at that later.

The swing park sounds good, but since my coeliac diagnosis, I'm more of a White Lightening man. My body is a temple.

Rules should be the same for cars and bikes. You smash into a woman and kill her in a car with no front brakes, regardless of her being in the wrong crossing the road, and you get a harsher sentence than this cyclist is getting.

Rules should be the same for cars and bikes. You smash into a woman and kill her in a car with no front brakes, regardless of her being in the wrong crossing the road, and you get a harsher sentence than this cyclist is getting.

But there is a clear difference. Cars are much, much more dangerous.

By all accounts, this guy is a c**t. But the rules can't be the same when there's such a clear difference in the dangerousness (yeah i'm going with it) of the vehicle.

16 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

But there is a clear difference. Cars are much, much more dangerous.

By all accounts, this guy is a c**t. But the rules can't be the same when there's such a clear difference in the dangerousness (yeah i'm going with it) of the vehicle.

You have to be a lot more reckless with a bike to kill someone, precisely for that reason. This wasn't a minor lapse of concentration.

If it results in death, yes.

I'd have thought that in terms of accidents - the level of danger of the vehicle should be taken into consideration.

You don't have to be that reckless in a car to take a life. That's not the case on a bike.

20 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'd have thought that in terms of accidents - the level of danger of the vehicle should be taken into consideration.

You don't have to be that reckless in a car to take a life. That's not the case on a bike.

No, so you should be more careful. Sentencing should be about deterrent as well as level of guilt. You can obviously do a lot more with a bike without serious risk of killing someone than a car, and you have to be more careful in a car, but you should be aware of that and get the same punishment if you do kill or seriously injure someone.

15 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What a lot of pish.

I can see the judges now "you mowed down an entire family, but your were only driving a smart car and not a steamroller, 50 hours community service"

39 minutes ago, Romeo said:

What a lot of pish.

I can see the judges now "you mowed down an entire family, but your were only driving a smart car and not a steamroller, 50 hours community service"

My cousin got run over by a steamroller. I went to visit him in hospital afterwards, he was in wards 4,5 and 6.

25 minutes ago, supermik said:

My cousin got run over by a steamroller. I went to visit him in hospital afterwards, he was in wards 4,5 and 6.

What did you nick from him?

Archived