Steamers

Steamers versus Irons  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I'm getting all the gadgets and gear together for our new gaff. You know the sort of thing... deep fat fryer, kettle, toaster, kitchenware, hoover, sex swing, butt plugs etc...

The wife has suggested we get a portable steamer instead of an iron as it can clean the curtains and fabrics (handy for when you get a wee bitty carried away with the aforementioned sex swing and but plugs) as well as get rid of those pesky wrinkles in your clothes. In principle it sounds like a great idea but I'm not convinced you can get the same results an iron.

I don't mind ironing and I hate clothes looking shoddy because they are not properly washed and cared for so where do the p&b community stand on it? Is it as good as an iron only easier if a tad more expensive? 

All joking aside, I've got one in the kitchen. It was quite cheap although if I'm to be honest, is a wee bit small to put most clothes in. At a push, you could get a couple of socks in each of the levels. 

However, the other day, I accidentally dropped in a couple of salmon steaks and half a pound of frozen peas into it and they came out really nice - better than frying / boiling. So I'll start using my steamer for that instead. 

91K9Qp8WqdL._SY355_.jpg

I don't mind ironing and I hate clothes looking shoddy because they are not properly washed and cared for so where do the p&b community stand on it? Is it as good as an iron only easier if a tad more expensive? 

I don't stand on mine at all mate, surely that would break it?

Only joking, I have no idea such an implement existed. My wife irons my work shirts but other than that I walk about like a wrinkled mess.

Thought this was going to be a thread about throbber. Imagine my disappointment etc..

Anything to avoid ironing seems to be the holy grail for lazy fatsos. I know someone who told me she and a group of other Facebook mums no longer do ironing and just wear stuff un-ironed. Cut from the same cloth as folk wear pjs out and about.

It was actually one of these I was referring to. It is only a basement suite I'm renting so I doubt I could fit a boat in there. The one for the food however is a great contraption and I own one already. Maybe I should stuff a t-shirt in there as a test case...

Steamer.png

On 24 August 2017 at 05:30, Brother Blades said:

I bought one a few weeks back, ridiculously expensive & very costly to run.

Its not even that effective at getting wrinkles out of clothes.

Here is a picture of mine.

Image result

You've only had it a few weeks and you go and hit a pier. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-41055879

10 minutes ago, microdave said:

You've only had it a few weeks and you go and hit a pier. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-41055879

This must be a scam. I organised a works trip back in 19oatcake, pre internet. Took a bus load for a trip on The Waverely. Oh how I laughed when we got there to find out it had run aground on a sandbank in Bristol the week before and no cùnt in the travel agent had thought to phone me.

Archived