Peterhead v Stirling Albion

Big game this weekend.  Peterhead have a couple of poor performances away from home this season (at Dunfermline and last week at Stenhousemuir) but remain strong at home.

We sneaked a win on the opening day at Stenny, then won our last 2 league games comfortably but this will be a whole new ball game and we'll need to be at it for 90 minutes to get a result.

Will Rory McAllister and / or Simon Ferry be back for this one?  I hope not but I suspect they will.

Prediction:  2-2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Rory is back we should win but without him it will be a struggle. Steven Noble back playing against us for the first time and looking to inflict a home defeat which would open up a 6 point gap. It's early days but this result could go a long way in deciding who wins the league.

18 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Steven Noble back playing against us for the first time and looking to inflict a home defeat which would open up a 6 point gap.

He was an unused sub against Edinburgh on Saturday, and by all accounts Lee Hamilton was fantastic, so Noble may have to wait a while before "inflicting the defeat".

What a game this is gearing up to be, just disappointed that I'll not make it up. I detest the current league structure, however seasons like this when there isn't much in many of the teams, is cracking because they are all big games.

I would happily take a draw, but it's a game that could go any way and nothing would surprise you.

3 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

If Rory is back we should win but without him it will be a struggle.

From the outside looking in at this game, I'm amazed how much Peterheid seem to depend on Rory McAllistair!

So we're saying the favourites for the title, are actually Not very good if one certain player is missing?

It depends. We have players who can score goals outside of Rory but the team is obviously built around him as he is great at creating chances as well as scoring. We have been good at home this season so far so I think we can get a win here.

Game of the day in League 2, can we make it 4 wins in a row it's possible but it will be a difficult game. Would settle for a draw but we have nothing to fear from a Peterhead side favourites to win the League.

Go to Peterhead in a confident mood, fingers crossed we come away with all 3 points.

I think Stirling may be better on the road this year as we seem to counter attack well.
Big game. A Stirling win could be a signpost for a decent season ahead. A Peterhead win will show no-one will run away with league.
I'll take a draw though.

Hi Lads,

I'm away this weekend up in the North east, quite happy actually to get a wee break from City's struggles!

So, needing a footy fix I'm off to watch this game between  two of the top teams in the league!

Will Peterhead confirm their favourites tag, or will Albion (who already have a good away win at Stenny) sail on at the top?

Really looking forward to it as a neutral(ish), should be a great game.

Hi Lads,
I'm away this weekend up in the North east, quite happy actually to get a wee break from City's struggles!
So, needing a footy fix I'm off to watch this game between  two of the top teams in the league!
Will Peterhead confirm their favourites tag, or will Albion (who already have a good away win at Stenny) sail on at the top?
Really looking forward to it as a neutral(ish), should be a great game.

C'mon, who you supporting?

Oh dear. Who would we even put in a back 4 if we have 3 defenders out? Stevenson, Brown, Brown and Brown? Hopefully Albion start Steven 'Headless Chicken' Noble and Gibson can tear him a new one.

Oh dear. Who would we even put in a back 4 if we have 3 defenders out? Stevenson, Brown, Brown and Brown? Hopefully Albion start Steven 'Headless Chicken' Noble and Gibson can tear him a new one.

A back 3 of Stevenson, McLean, and Ross? What could possibly go wrong? Eta I've never seen McLean play at the back but apparently he can. Big enough for it anyway. Forgot about our new left back, he will probably have to start.

Noble's not put a foot wrong for us, but don't think he will start. Will most likely go with Hamilton, who also has not put a foot wrong.

Jason Brown & Scott Ross in central defence, Dikobo at left back and either Jamie Stevenson or Scott Brown at right back if the injured players don't make it. Sounds like last season already with all the chopping and changing.

If Rory doesn't make it as well then it could easily be a Stirling win.

Archived