Scientology: The Aftermath

Antlion

Anyone watched this? I binged the first season, and found it incredible. The stuff "the Church" teaches and does to people is terrifying, and Leah Remini's ballsy, foul-mouthed crusade against it is laudable. She and former Scientology fixer (now also an opponent of the cult) track down people whom Scientology tried to destroy, and reveal the policies by which they attempt it.

5 hours ago, Romeo said:

Where is this on?

Watching it on the Amazon firestick, mate (it's an A&E show). Easily available online...

Season Two has just begun, with survivors of sexual abuse covered up by Scientology (the perverts being "Sea Org" leaders). Leah's stated goal is to get the FBI and US government to actually pay attention to what this mental cult is doing to people, rather than just ignoring it entirely (either due to being paid off, or frightened of compromising the Church separate from State constitutional position).

Remini and her partner, Mike, have been followed multiple times on the show, exactly as Louis Theroux was when he tried to speak publicly about Scientology. Mike, the former Church exec, stated that cult's policy is to openly stalk, follow and try and frighten its enemies. Leah's response was "it makes me want to retaliate. My business isn't being followed by fucking assholes I don't know."

Archived