Clyde v Stenhousemuir

Barring any new signings, a blinder being played by whoever deputises for Blair Currie and the same from Goodwillie, Smart and/or Ramsay, Clyde's inexperience and inability to defend should mean that Stenhousemuir win this one.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be able to attend the weekend's game but I'd be disappointed if we didn't take something from it. We played well enough against Peterhead without ever looking fantastic and if we can perform with the same level of competence against this Clyde team, we'll do alright. Other than David Goodwillie, a player operating at a level well beneath his capabilities, the Bully Wee don't really have anyone who scares me; in fact, I think in-form players like Mark McGuigan and Jamie Longworth are more likely to give them something to worry about. Stenhousemuir are still a slow slide that lacks any real width or creativity but I'm not sure Clyde have the nous to take advantage of it.

Looking forward to the game on Saturday, what a difference a win makes but need to build on it and go on a run. Last season we never really had back to back victories that often.

Other than Goodwillie I don't really know to much about the Clyde squad has anyone stood out in the opening games?

Saw Willis at the game on Saturday and saw him go into Ochilview this evening, may just have been for some training but would be great to get him on board even have him as a trailist until he decides where he's going.

Irritatingly, I will miss this aswell. One of the few local away games. Our league performances have generally been ok. We've played the three teams above us in the league so not the easiest start. But who knows what will happen. Couple of players took knocks on Saturday and we can't afford many injuries with such a small squad.

I had that bet on away to Elgin but I’d only stuck a fiver on it ffs.

As some people seem to have lost some perspective, we’ve won 3 out of 4 home games so far and drew the other with Stranraer in 90 minutes, only losing it in extra time. Though it should be a tight game, there’s no reason why we can’t win this.

I once put on a bet for Queens Park to beat Clyde as the odds were, I thought, irresistible.

Stupidly, I then went to the match. I hated the experience and felt like a traitor.

From that day, I vowed never to bet against my team again. Looking back, I still feel like a Quisling. I wish I had lost the bet.

Archived