Forfar v Albion Rovers

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

What's with the countdown to October like

Loon74 posted in the wrong thread, should have been the Forfar Athletic 2017/18 thread. He's referring to the imminent end of Bollan's tenure as our gaffer.

The #bollanout brigade will get a shiter if we pump Alloa and Arbroath over the next fortnight (unlikely but possible) which would stave off his execution for a while.....

1 hour ago, theSilverFox said:

Loon74 posted in the wrong thread, should have been the Forfar Athletic 2017/18 thread. He's referring to the imminent end of Bollan's tenure as our gaffer.

The #bollanout brigade will get a shiter if we pump Alloa and Arbroath over the next fortnight (unlikely but possible) which would stave off his execution for a while.....

Are they known as the B.O. Brigade?

On 9/6/2017 at 07:32, theSilverFox said:

I remember them, the Bed Sheet gang or BS gang as they were better known ;-)

They tried to emulate the HMG crew....but failed...Ray Stewart was dismissed after a thumping derby home defeat, who knows the October gang may be a few weeks too early!!

5 hours ago, tbsouth said:

They tried to emulate the HMG crew....but failed...Ray Stewart was dismissed after a thumping derby home defeat, who knows the October gang may be a few weeks too early!!

I must correct you sir. It was not the HMG crew but the HMG Massive as I remember. A short lived but very successful organisation.

On 9/6/2017 at 18:24, theSilverFox said:

I must correct you sir. It was not the HMG crew but the HMG Massive as I remember. A short lived but very successful organisation.

No no no....i am on about the founding fathers who started way back in 89.....forget about Heggie no banner required. :-)

12 hours ago, tbsouth said:

No no no....i am on about the founding fathers who started way back in 89.....forget about Heggie no banner required. :-)

Ah, I see now, the end of the Hall era. I've tried to erase my memory of that time.

9 hours ago, loon74 said:

Tbsouth still has the sheet

I wonder if it's still "crunchy"? ;-p

Speaking of the Henry Hall period, my old man who supported the Loons from when he was a wee boy, was assistant groundsman, physio and coach for periods too, stopped going when Hall became the manager and returned when he left. He liked him as a player but was convinced he would be a terrible manager. After Hegarty was gone he maintained that appointing a gaffer with strong United connections never worked. He was judging this on Jerry Kerr, Henry Hall and Paul H*garty. I wonder what he would have thought about Bollan.....

He conveniently forgot about his pal Archie having been at Tannadice.

Speaking of the Henry Hall period, my old man who supported the Loons from when he was a wee boy, was assistant groundsman, physio and coach for periods too, stopped going when Hall became the manager and returned when he left. He liked him as a player but was convinced he would be a terrible manager. After Hegarty was gone he maintained that appointing a gaffer with strong United connections never worked. He was judging this on Jerry Kerr, Henry Hall and Paul H*garty. I wonder what he would have thought about Bollan.....
He conveniently forgot about his pal Archie having been at Tannadice.

Mr kearns your giving the game away !

Archived