Forfar v Albion Rovers

But, now Josh has returned, so no chance off seeing Coxy, play up front.

Be interesting to see what he does because last season Josh & Jim just didn't work up front together.

Will this maybe mean See & Peters up top?

But then where does Easton go? Cause he'd wasted out on the wing!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bernardblack said:

That front four of:

Cox Josh Scott

Lister

That works for me

It works if Cox can start to influence games in that wide right position the same way Scott does on the left. Not done enough so far.

Another member of the undroppable squad. 

It all hinges on whether he got the slightest of touches and going by this clip it looks like he does.
91F9moG.gif

The touch is faint, will depend how lenient the ref/panel are feeling. Even seeing it as it happened, the boy made a genuine attempt to play the ball, was maybe a bit unfortunate to see red.

If thats after though, you could say it was momentum. Think what the appeal will focus on will whether he touched the ball. Ive watches the replay several times, and even I'm unsure.

Depends what the ref sees as well, to everyone in real time it looked like a straight red, suppose the ref, like the probably everyone in the stadium seen the guy take the buchanan out. And the ball doesnt change direction. The ref has a split second decision to make and by the letter of the law he had to go.

Suppose that is where they are hoping this VAR thing will come in useful in future.

It would, if he tumbles, to ground. There was no, intent, to bring player down.
Could, argue that Raith player, played for foul.

Are intent and whether he plays the ball not what the appeal will be based on? Intent? Nah, it's a genuine attempt to tackle and get the ball.

The big question the panel will have to deal with is did he touch it? Can see why they have appealed, but whether it's successful is another matter.

Are intent and whether he plays the ball not what the appeal will be based on? Intent? Nah, it's a genuine attempt to tackle and get the ball.

The big question the panel will have to deal with is did he touch it? Can see why they have appealed, but whether it's successful is another matter.

Even if he does touch it, the laws of the game state he must touch the ball with the same part of the body that touches the man.

What I'm saying is it looks like his trailing leg and body bring the man down so it's a foul.

The fact he is running clean through towards the goal means it's a clear goal scoring opportunity thereof a red card.

Ad a neutral in this situation for me it's a clear red card and can't understand what forfar see contrary to that

Archived