Forfar v Albion Rovers

Home win a must! 

Bain suspended, so Travis will come in at right back no doubt. Quigley injured, so Kennedy in at left back. 

Actually a good opportunity for Bollan to change things about a bit imo. Up front clearly not working. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scrub that. Appealing Bain's red card. 

Money down the drain then. No way we'll win that appeal and nor should we, a straight red was the correct decision.
Also have a straight replacement in Travis, so it seems a bit bizarre especially given Bain's recent form.

Haven't seen the incident but if it's as clear cut as you say, you have to question the decision to appeal it. Used to be £1000 to appeal, not sure if that's still the case. Obviously got money to burn. 

There's also Bain's form to consider here. In current form, he's better in the stand imo.

8 minutes ago, Wet Wullie said:

Haven't seen the incident but if it's as clear cut as you say, you have to question the decision to appeal it. Used to be £1000 to appeal, not sure if that's still the case. Obviously got money to burn. 

I think this is the part you're looking for.

13.3.2 The relevant fee, when submitting a claim, is to be paid to the Scottish FA forthwith, and in any
event before any hearing, in accordance with the scale below. It shall be paid by cheque to
“The Scottish FA Limited” or by bank transfer:
                                                                                                  First Team                    All Other Teams
SPFL Scottish Premiership clubs:                                              £500                                 £250
SPFL Scottish Championship, Leagues One and Two clubs:    £250                                 £125
All other men’s football clubs:                                                   £125                                 £62
All women’s football clubs;                                                       £50                                    £25

don't think he needs to get a touch - I think it's more to do with him making a genuine attempt to play the ball - if the ref thinks he did - yellow card.  Ref obviously thought he didn't and basically took the player out and stopped a goalscoring opportunity - red card.
I think that this camera angle makes it look much more like a genuine attempt to play the ball. Bain's left leg, when outstretched, looks like it is going for the ball, rather than going completely across the player.  It is close though.

From my seat in the stand he just seemed to come right across the back of the player and take him out.

50/50 on the appeal.

don't think he needs to get a touch - I think it's more to do with him making a genuine attempt to play the ball - if the ref thinks he did - yellow card.  Ref obviously thought he didn't and basically took the player out and stopped a goalscoring opportunity - red card.
I think that camera angle makes it look much more like a genuine attempt to play the ball - from my seat in the stand he just seemed to come right across the back of the player and take him out.
50/50 on the appeal.

That was my take on it at the time too. Does look like he got a slight nick on the ball.

If it was in the box you'd be right but as it's outside whether or not the player tries to play the ball if it's last man it's a red, only inside the box does the double jeopardy rule come into play.

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

It all hinges on whether he got the slightest of touches and going by this clip it looks like he does.

91F9moG.gif

Tough one. Definitely looks like a genuine attempt to get the ball and might even have got a nick on it. On the other hand, he's stopped an obvious goal scoring opportunity by bringing the guy down. 

Verdict: Appeal Rejected (after reading Alyn's post above)

If it was in the box you'd be right but as it's outside whether or not the player tries to play the ball if it's last man it's a red, only inside the box does the double jeopardy rule come into play.

Good shout. Totally forgot about the inside the box only law. I'm going with definite contact, definite foul, definite goal scoring opportunity and definite red card (I'm not seeing a clean touch on the ball)

3 hours ago, Wet Wullie said:

There's also Bain's form to consider here. In current form, he's better in the stand imo.

Agree absolutely. We have Travis who imo is a better bet at right back. 

The team I would like to see on Saturday is:-

McCallum

Travis Mensing Nani Kennedy

McBride Millar Cregg Easton

Cox See 

McCallum
Cox See 

That's the team you'd like to see. What's the team you think you'll see?

McCallum
Cox See 

Lister was one of our best players on Saturday, Cox is clearly struggling this season so far. Very hit and miss, not sure if it's a fitness issue or something else.

Looking at the Bain issue. He has made a genuine attempt at clearing the ball. No contact, but, as his leg is outstretched, has tumbled over. The striker has stumbled over Bain, as he has fallen to ground. There was no intent, to bring the Raith player down.
Do agree that Bain's form has'nt been his best.
Like to see David Cox up front.
Looking forward to seeing Nani.
Easton and Millar looking good, not sure about McBride.
But, now Josh has returned, so no chance off seeing Coxy, play up front.
Just my view.

Archived