Eniola Aluko racially abused by England manager ?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read on Twitter that someone by the name of Glenn (haven’t been following it that closely so no idea who that is) told Aluko that if she made a statement confirming there was no racism she would get a payout.

According to Twitter this was read out to “gasps” in the courtroom.

Just now, Dindeleux said:

I read on Twitter that someone by the name of Glenn (haven’t been following it that closely so no idea who that is) told Aluko that if she made a statement confirming there was no racism she would get a payout.

Nothing worse than a jury with Asthma.

22 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Ish. You shouldn't believe everything on Twitter.

Although their enquiries had found for Sampson, she was awarded £80,000 in compensation by the FA... Aluko says half of it was paid upfront and the other half was subject to her stating she didn't believe the FA was institutionally racist. Martin Glenn, the FA CEO, denies this was asked (which is where his name comes in).

As it's disputed I'm presuming it was verbal evidence from Aluko today not a letter/Email she produced.

It seems to have whizzed around the web as "Aluko was offered a pay-off if she dropped the claims about Sampson", but this isn't what Aluko stated and Glenn denies it.

1 hour ago, ajwffc said:

Now Lee Kendall the goalkeeper coach is getting investigated for unacceptable behaviour towards Aluko. The main complaint is speaking to Aluko in a fake Caribbean accent.

...any truth in the rumour that the F A have invited Mike Read is to lead the community singing at the 2018 women's Cup Final ???

Whilst it's despicable what's happened to them, and it quite obviously should lead to the absolute dinosaurs running the FA to lose their jobs, I find there's something deeply unlikeable about that Lianne Sanderson who's constantly on the news about this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 19 October 2017 at 21:44, ajwffc said:

Now Lee Kendall the goalkeeper coach is getting investigated for unacceptable behaviour towards Aluko. The main complaint is speaking to Aluko in a fake Caribbean accent.

He's admitted to making those comments, but cleared of any wrongdoing by the FA.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42013199

On 10/18/2017 at 21:04, HibeeJibee said:

Ish. You shouldn't believe everything on Twitter.

What do you mean "you shouldn't believe everything on Twitter"? Are you suggesting the New Media might have half-truths a la Old Media

*cough*

• 2 months later...

So Phil Nevillie is appointed the new manager of the England woman's team.  Phil would appear to be a safe choice.  

Phil Neville announced as new head coach on deal to 2021

Less than a day into the job he is already having to apologise about Tweets he has made in the past...

England women's coach Phil Neville 'sorry' over sexist tweets

1 hour ago, Jamaldo said:

Perhaps the FA don't actually care and are happy to ride out this wee storm?

They've just hired someone who has zero knowledge or experience of the women's game based on his reputation as a player to replace a manager who racially abused one of his players. And they as an organisation covered it up and refused to acknowledge it as racism.

Doubt they give a f*** about a sexist tweet or two.

It’s some achievement to be one of the richest Football Associations and hire two totally inexperienced coaches for both male and Female senior teams. The Women’s team isn’t exactly a place for Neville to make mistakes seeing as they want to win a World Cup.

I’m not exactly an expert in Women’s football but surely there’s someone out there with experience of managing a women’s international team (or any team I. Neville’s case). England have a massive financial advantage over most countries so why they don’t go out and get the best is confusing why they went for a  more media trained version of Ian Cathro.

Louise Taylor actually covers my point a lot better.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/24/phil-neville-england-womens-manager-not-female-coach-mo-marley

Why is everyone making an issue of Neville getting this job without any top level management experience but nobody is making the same points about Ryan Giggs and Wales (ok he had 4 games in charge of utd). Is it because its the woman's team or because its England?

People have made the same point about Giggs about 100 times over, on several seperate occaisions.

Must have missed them to be honest. Certainly isn't getting the same criticism as Neville is with people calling for a review of the recruitment process etc.

Archived