Eniola Aluko racially abused by England manager ?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Not sure about PC but it's definitely Kick It Out gone mad. They should wind their necks in because they are losing any credibility they have.

I didn't realise they had any credibility. In the week of the Bigotfest they're all over a small number singing a distasteful but legal song but will yet again say and do nothing about tens of thousands of fans singing illegal, violent sectarian ditties which also comes under their control. It's a disgraceful dereliction of duty.

13 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I think it's a fucking joke. What kind of precedent does that set? It's like the Lukaku song being sung at the moment - it's not racist at all - it's banter.

Imagine German fans singing about Oliver Burke being a haggis muncher for example. Should we consider that to be racist as well because it's stereotyping? Soon nobody will be able to say anything about anyone because some poor c**t will get offended.

Singing about black people is contextually different to songs about Scots.

It's an extension of the way Lukaku (and most other black players) is always described: pace, power, strength, beast, pace, pace, athlete, power, strength, unit power, strength pace.

His technical qualities are almost never mentioned. Contrast that with someone like Steven Gerrard, whose game was 50% down to his atheleticism, and yet pundits always talked about his vision and range of passing first and foremost.

It's an extension of the way Lukaku (and most other black players) is always described: pace, power, strength, beast, pace, pace, athlete, power, strength, unit power, strength pace.
His technical qualities are almost never mentioned. Contrast that with someone like Steven Gerrard, whose game was 50% down to his atheleticism, and yet pundits always talked about his vision and range of passing first and foremost.

Yup. Going back a bit, Martin Offiah’s press coverage was equally lopsided. Racism is not always intentional prejudice. Reinforcing stereotypes is just as negatives. It’s why Keith Jackson’s piece of the Rangers striker should never have been published.

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

I didn't realise they had any credibility. In the week of the Bigotfest they're all over a small number singing a distasteful but legal song but will yet again say and do nothing about tens of thousands of fans singing illegal, violent sectarian ditties which also comes under their control. It's a disgraceful dereliction of duty.

Similarly, some other activism group decided this week's priority football story was returning to Douglas Ross MSP/referee and his 'unapproved gypsy camps' comments.

Regarding the banner... if, in whatever parallel universe they occupy, the FA consider Tranmere's nickname is racist they should not have hired their ground - and should be taking disciplinary action against them, presumably? To hire the venue for an international, then cover up the 'Super White Army' signage as you consider it has racial connotations, then uncover it again as they can nevertheless happily display it at club games, is bizarre and just generated more bad PR.

Heaven help the poor wee impressionables if they ever draw New Zealand in a finals tournament!

14 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Is it banter to sing about black guys having big cocks? It's getting into David Brent territory here :lol:.

As posted on the other thread discussing Romeul Lukaku 

I disagree. I wouldn't describe Kante for example as a big unit who's got heaps of strength. He's a wee man who is technically very good - and he is of course black.

This is a case of people getting cracking down on inoffensive gestures because someone 'might' get offended. It's daft. Let the people decide themselves. If Romelu was so bothered about it he could say something himself.

13 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I disagree. I wouldn't describe Kante for example as a big unit who's got heaps of strength. He's a wee man who is technically very good - and he is of course black.

This is a case of people getting cracking down on inoffensive gestures because someone 'might' get offended. It's daft. Let the people decide themselves. If Romelu was so bothered about it he could say something himself.

He did yesterday, saying that he wants them to move on from it, as much as he's enjoyed the fans reception since he signed. Essentially urging them to nip it in the bud without directly saying so.

I agree entirely with the song getting stopped and how lakaku handled it (no pun intented). Had to laugh at jim white calling it disgusting on talk sport while reviewing the old firm derby after it and not mentioning thousands singing about being up to their knees in blood.

How on earth are rangers allowed to get away with it? It's an embrassment to Scotland.

Probably gets said about Lukaku because he is strong, powerful and pacey, and is relatively average on the ball, tbh

17 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

You might not, but watch any football show and listen out for how black players are described compared to white players. It's almost invariably about physicality first, and footballing ability second.

• 3 weeks later...

Racism is defined as "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior". 

Sampson was guilty of “ill-judged attempts at humour” in telling Aluko to make sure her family did not bring the Ebola virus to Wembley, and in enquiring whether Spence had been arrested before.

What part of those comments are not racist? To claim to not be a racist after saying such things to someone is as moronic as saying something like "I don't eat meat but I just ate a steak".

Archived