Scottish Cup Draw

21stcenturyboy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is this the round with hardly any ties and loads of teams getting byes or a proper 'all in' one?

Most teams get byes, including some who do so automatically due to their senior cup participation.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

is this the round with hardly any ties and loads of teams getting byes or a proper 'all in' one?

This Is the round where once the ties have been drawn and everyone has went home, they realize they havent drawn enough teams and look right arses.

But dont worry it's still a draw not being hosted by a club.

it will be drawn somewhere so out of touch with junior football its frightening 

It is as far east as they dare go.

Anyway! Good luck to everyone this year!

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

There are 168 Junior clubs this season (64 West, 60 East, 44 North).

128 clubs are needed for Round 2.

So the Round 1 draw will (should!) be 80 clubs drawn out to play 40 matches, the remaining 88 clubs getting byes (with those on Senior Cup duty automatically being amongst those getting a bye).

Inverness City away please

(or any of the Aberdeen city based teams, away)

15 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

So the Round 1 draw will (should!) be 80 clubs drawn out to play 40 matches, the remaining 88 clubs getting byes (with those on Senior Cup duty automatically being amongst those getting a bye).

The SJFA tweeted earlier this morning that 29 ties will be drawn.

7 minutes ago, drs said:

Inverness City away please

(or any of the Aberdeen city based teams, away)

This is why I get confused when people object to going to a national league due to travel. Everyone wants a big away draw in the Scottish. I know it's just a one off but it seems weird.

1 hour ago, LeedsPhil said:

North only has 34 teams (Superleague 14, First East 11, First West 9),

Which means only 158 teams.

Unless someone hasn't entered or dropped out then it is 30 team they need to lose not 29.

Doh !

It would help if I could count - I had indeed noted 14 + 11 + 9 on my bit of paper, so I dunno how I made that a total of 44 !!

I'm evidently so incompetent that I could get a job on the SJFA draw committee !!

Sorry guys.

Archived