No Mercy 2017

JamieStevenson

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched it last night.

Meh. An utterly missed opportunity.

No one cares about Jordan because he's bland as f**k as a personality, and saying he's Kurt's son won't change that. He's good in the ring but that alone won't make folk like or care about him. Miz has carried the IC title to the extent that the division is pretty much him. Think he could still work in the main event scene. Pretty poor finish though.

Bray Wyatt just needs to f**k off. Although the match was surprisingly decent, the outcome was never in doubt.

Tag match was good and match of the night. Anyone notice Ambrose's delayed selling after Cesaro swings him in to the steps? It's like he realises the camera is on him a second or two after the move. Cesaro's tooth related botch was nasty as f**k. Guy is absolutely nails. Thought the match protected Ambrose and Rollins a bit too much, given how much they kicked out of. I'm thinking specifically of the spot where Cesaro powerbombed Rollins on to Ambrose from the top rope. Was a bit much, especially given how 'easily' the win came in the end. Still, two great tag teams who have good matches, so would like to see them again.

Women's match was just the usual multi person mehfest. They've fucked the division with this constant multi-woman match stuff. They deserve better as most are quality.

Reigns/Cena was just wasted. It reeked of desperation. If the Rock endorsing Reigns didn't work, then Cena doing so won't work either. The match was alright but felt quite rushed and was too often just a procession of big moves. This should have been massive but they fucked it. WWE will never get the message about Reigns, will they? Imagine if, after Cena raised his hand, Reigns kicked f**k out of him? You'd have a brilliant top heel. 

Enzo is so shit he managed to drag a bad match out of Neville, which I suppose is some sort of skill in itself. Just awful.

Main event was rather poor. I think it's actually helped kill the mystique of Strowman a bit. It showed him to be fallible, that folk can hurt him, instead of protecting his monster image. The win did nothing for Brock, who really is quite dull these days. A DQ win for Brock with Strowman going radge would have been better.

Oh aye forgot to mention that them repeatedly calling Cena 'the greatest of all time' doesn't make it so. I get that they were doing so that Cena's endorsement of Reigns meant even more. It failed though since no one bought it.

Also Reigns' spear on the announce table looked nasty as f**k.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Not really comparable for me - Strowman was hated because he was utter dogshit, then started to get people onside by getting a lot better and spending a lot of the time beating the shit out of someone the crowd hated.

Naw I meant Reigns being hated by the crowd was important in helping Strowman get so over. 

Archived