No Mercy 2017

JamieStevenson

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed with the end. Thought the best way to end was a Braun win via DQ... Brock keeps the belt but gets DQ'd out of desperation. Braun looks strong and gets a good push without becoming champion too soon. Alas the seeming usual of Brock getting dominated.. F5.. victory.. gotten a little boring now

Really enjoyed the PPV up until Enzo showed up

Yass! Called Enzo winning, so at least I got something right.

Other than that, that was pretty fucking pish.  Another show where they didn't seem to really have any kind of obvious long-term plan, and not in a good way.  They build up to this huge Wrestlemania worthy match (cheers Maggle) between Cena and Reigns, where Reigns...completely proves himself right by showing that Cena can't stand up to a signature/finisher combo.  Then we get Cena's second "is-he-going" moment, only for him to probably be back in a few months.  They actually built this one very well, but threw it all away with the match.  Struggling to think of any really great moments on the show to be honest.  Nia Jaxx should have won the women's match to set up a far better story for Asuka debuting.  All that's going to happen now is that she kicks the head off of Bliss, and she deserves better than that.  

And the main event was ultimate shitebag territory again.  Braun looked great in manhandling him, even more so than Joe did.  Really thought we were going to get a change, but no, one F5 again and that's it.  Is Brock really the same must-see attraction that he once was?  Because to me he's fucking boring at the moment

Guest bernardblack
To be fair I really think it was supposed to be Cena vs Joe at this PPV. Joe got injured and were forced into the big match too early.

This could be true. Cena on the edge and Christian podcast did seem to lean towards he won't be around at mania time and needs a lighter schedule so wanted to face Reigns ASAP

Cena's due to take time off, and it looks like they're really going for Lesnar/Reigns as the main at Mania, so all things considered, the match makes sense. It was always likely to happen this year as they'll be pushing that particular match big time at the end of 2017 or the very beginning of 2018.

14 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

I'm all for Reigns/Brock again. First one was great, even before Rollins showed up.

Aye, I've said a few times on here that I was buzzing like f**k during it. The Rollins thing just about drove me mental with excitement as a result.

Archived