AirdrieLOANians vs Alloa Athletic

This Saturday sees the first meeting between the two sides since our play-off heartbreak back in May.

The Wasps appear weaker than last season having lost several of their top performers, particularly Greig Spence and Jordan Kirkpatrick who contributed a hell of a lot of goals and assists between them last season. Their replacements have been pretty uninspiring and the results so far this season have reflected that. Despite this, they have retained an experienced spine to the team and will no doubt fancy themselves against a young and inexperienced Airdrie side.

Having just got the first three points on the board, Airdrie will look to build some momentum with our first home league win. We have been lead to believe we will have appointed a manager this week however who knows if this will actually materialise, so we could be going into this game managerless. Whoever is in charge, they are likely to stick with the same lineup that won against the Rovers at the weekend, however I would prefer if we lined up:

Rohan

Stewart - McGregor - Balatoni - Brownlie - MacDonald

Fry - Watt - Conroy

Hastie

Tierney

I think Balatoni would benefit having a younger, mobile centre half each side of him as he looked a bit sluggish at times on Saturday and a better team may punish him. This would also result in a lesser reliance on the defensive attributes of the full backs and allow them to get forward. And the best part about it? No room for that shitebag, Adam Brown.

A week ago I wouldn't have gone into this match with any confidence, however Saturday's showing has given me (potentially false) optimism that we could get something out of this game.

My prediction: Airdrieonians 1 - 1 Alloa Athletic

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we want to play Fry this week, we'll need to sign him. I have to admit I'm not greatly excited by him.
"Shitebag" Brown is playing well and will definitely be in the team.

I think Fry has looked decent in the middle of the park.

We must be watching different games if you consider Brown to be playing well. Awful footballer.

31 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I think Fry has looked decent in the middle of the park.

We must be watching different games if you consider Brown to be playing well. Awful footballer.

In my opinion Brown is not an awful footballer. He certainly is a shitebag. I looked up the term and it means someone who scares easily and he certainly is that. However, he also has good skills, quick feet, passes some great balls and delivers dangerous crosses. In my opinion you have to take an overall view of a player. He played well against Arbroath and Rovers. Although I was not at Forfar the match report indicates he was involved in most of our dangerous moves.

Not confident at all to be honest. Martin & Fleming in for Cook & Renton hopefully. The way Goodwin was talking, Martin could be benched again. Cook isn't awful though, Renton on the other hand...

cook has been terrible from what ive seen, doesnt have much pace, cant beat a man and cant cross the ball, three things you would expect a winger to have in his locker. Adam Martin at least brings pace and runs at defences, has a decent cross on him and has a good shot on him as we saw on saturday.

cook has been terrible from what ive seen, doesnt have much pace, cant beat a man and cant cross the ball, three things you would expect a winger to have in his locker. Adam Martin at least brings pace and runs at defences, has a decent cross on him and has a good shot on him as we saw on saturday.

There's no doubt I'd rather start Martin but I've seen glimpses of Cook, not much but a few. Kris Renton on the other hand I've seen nothing. If I was to drop one it'd be Renton but if we could drop both then happy days

There's no doubt I'd rather start Martin but I've seen glimpses of Cook, not much but a few. Kris Renton on the other hand I've seen nothing. If I was to drop one it'd be Renton but if we could drop both then happy days

Renton has been poor but none of our strikers have exactly been brilliant, we need to get another striker, whether on loan or permanently that has a bit of pace about him, because at the moment every attack is so predictable.

Cook always plays and scores against Airdrie but I hope that run will end on Saturday. No idea how the game will go but Alloa do appear weaker than last season whilst our "loanians" looked quite good last week. Fry needs to be signed to play and our money is still not certain so I think brown will play. Liked the guy Watt so I am optimistic of avoiding defeat.

In my opinion Brown is not an awful footballer. He certainly is a shitebag. I looked up the term and it means someone who scares easily and he certainly is that. However, he also has good skills, quick feet, passes some great balls and delivers dangerous crosses. In my opinion you have to take an overall view of a player. He played well against Arbroath and Rovers. Although I was not at Forfar the match report indicates he was involved in most of our dangerous moves.

I think we'll need to agree to disagree on this one. Watching him isn't good for my blood pressure.

Not confident at all to be honest. Martin & Fleming in for Cook & Renton hopefully. The way Goodwin was talking, Martin could be benched again. Cook isn't awful though, Renton on the other hand...

Yep, don't play Cook. He NEVER scores against us anyway....

18 hours ago, waysider said:

Passenger who flatters to deceive and despite the early promise of last season has contributed very little in last 3/4 of last season & this season.

If Fry signs would definitely go with Oracles formation has the makings of a solid team

Archived