Scottish Pride

Cerberus

If it wasn't for my family I could probably quite happily move to another country, or down to England.

I do like Scotland but I don't wake up every day and think "yaaaaas I'm in Scotland".

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

That Embra milkman who used to beat up his wife?

Sean Connery and I are both Scottish and live in America. We both delivered milk when we were younger and each played in goals during our amateur football days. Apart from the wife beating, male modelling, money and career success, it's uncanny how much my life parallels his.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The arseholes often move to America.

Hard to argue with that.

25 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Absolute bollocks. The best pieces know to man are from the two outsiders of a plain loaf.

Mate of mine will literally pinch the outsiders from any mothers pride loafs we have if he is over and is making himself a sandwhich/toast or whatever, which pisses my aunt off because she wants to do the exact same when she is here :lol:

4 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

Let me be the first to ask why I should be proud of things for which I can take no responsibility?

Yup, nothing like standing on the shoulders of giants, once you get past sporting rivalry, nationality is soooooooo last century with a whiff of colonialism.

The patter is pretty good. I've spent most of the last four years living abroad, but on the two occasions I've returned to visit I've found myself chuckling away at other people's conversations within seconds of setting foot on Scottish soil.

I suppose you have to go away and come back to really appreciate it.

I think it's a great country tbf, not many other countries with 5 million people have two cities that are as good as Glasgow and Edinburgh in them for example.

Think people are overall negative though and fail to take pride in themselves and their achievements and are very quick to put themselves and each other down though.

It's not really our achievements though is it?

Well both on a personal level and a national level we like to put ourselves down.

Lots of people immediately say negative things about Scotland like how shit the weather is before mentioning all the good things about the country. Not everyone obviously but there is too much negativity that gets passed around.

Got to admit we do tend to put ourselves down though we do also managed to cling defeat from whats normally victory, since i do Hillwalking i appreciate things a lot more the scenery our History what we have gave to the world in terms of inventions wise.  Always had the pride there and love the country but as any nation we always have some that f**k it right up.

One thing that does annoy the shite out me is walking ben nevis to find some ned has put a Celtic, Tricolour flag at the top of it and with a final touch of class leave a buckfast bottle next to it not to mention the smashed buckfast bottles that tends to p*ss me off trouble is i find the ones with next to no or little pride in the country are ones that support the OF one side wants to be associated with all things English and the Other side all things Irish

Archived