Queens Park v Stranraer

Looking forward to our trip to the National Stadium on Saturday.The blues have a pretty decent record at Hampden recently and will be looking to enhance that at the weekend.Our small squad is already being stretched with Div Barron missing on Saturday and Scott Robertson struggling at the end against Ayr.After Saturday can't see Okoh retaining his place and Morgyn Neill could return.I think Ryan Wallace is beginning to find his feet in a Stranraer jersey and fancy him to score for the 3rd game in a row.Haven't a clue about the Spiders but 3 losses on the spin can't be good for confidence,don't know if it's been unlucky but a win for Stranraer could see us jump up a few places,early doors though.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always look forward to a trip to Hampden - not sure how we'll do, but we need to try and kick on now that we've got the Raith and Ayr fixtures out of the way - that pair really should make up the top two this season given that they are full-time.

Can't see beyond Wallace up-front as I remain to be convinced by Okoh and Stoney.

12 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Always look forward to a trip to Hampden - not sure how we'll do, but we need to try and kick on now that we've got the Raith and Ayr fixtures out of the way - that pair really should make up the top two this season given that they are full-time.

Can't see beyond Wallace up-front as I remain to be convinced by Okoh and Stoney.

Agreed,if Wallace gets injured we could struggle,just wondering if Faz is  given the funds could we get somebody in,depends on financies i suppose,but I think we need another striker.

I'd push Thomson right up beside Wallace , Bell must return to midfield with Neill taking his place at the back , I would also start Turner , far to good to be sitting on the bench .feel that Anderson could do a bit better , he's been okay and came with some great praise from Raith supporters but doing enough for me . 

if Faz is  given the funds could we get somebody in,depends on financies i suppose,but I think we need another striker.

Surely we should be able to afford another couple of players from the gate money from our upcoming glamour tie against Partick Thistle colts.

I'd push Thomson right up beside Wallace , Bell must return to midfield with Neill taking his place at the back , I would also start Turner , far to good to be sitting on the bench .feel that Anderson could do a bit better , he's been okay and came with some great praise from Raith supporters but doing enough for me . 

Disagree about Anderson - think he's been the best of our new signings so far. I agree he could still contribute a bit more though. Relatively happy with him and with Hamill and Wallace. Not sure about the others so far....

Let's try and play attacking football give the paying fans something to enjoy .
Usually upset when I could not make an away game but the way we set up every game I think I will stick to home games and local away .
Will be interesting to see who we bring in as loan signings a dominant central experienced defender and another forward who is not lightweight to play alongside Orr .
Hope we win tomorrow and if we do score first we don't revert to trying to defend and lump the ball forward .
Here's hoping.

33 minutes ago, Le shocolate moose said:

2 nil up and draw 2-2... has someone replaced Farrell with Brian Reid as he doesn't seem to have a clue what he's doing. I hope he gets a grip soon as we are shockingly bad.

Agreed we were rotten after a great start and two great goals , after that Queens were the better team and fitter too, they also hit the woodwork 3 times and deserved a point . Why our manager thinks that the lad Okoh has anything to offer is baffling to say the least.

we were dead on our feet near the end and looked sluggish for most of the game , Belford to blame for their late equaliser , no idea 

what he was thinking about.

we have decent players but not playing as a team ,  poor passing and other than Anderson early on we never really threatened queens. Everyone was saying that we had a difficult start to the season having played the better teams , well queens hadn't won a game in the league and they still made us look very poor. 

Looked like a repeat of the Rovers horror show. Missed the opener, but Stranraer could have been out of sight after half an hour. Catastrophic defending and a non-existent midfield for the opening third of the game.

Big difference this week was the reaction. After we got the goal back we were the better side by a mile. Incredible that we weren't back on level terms earlier than we were. Two off the woodwork, great save from the pregnant goalkeeper, and a couple of scrambles. I think we earned our wee break at the end, given how we applied ourselves. Wee half chance to steal it at the end as well after an exceptional run from Galt. Another ten minutes and we'd have won that game imo.

Still an enormous amount to work on, but the dark clouds may just be beginning to lift a wee bit. Very well done to the players.

Was fearing the worst after the 2nd went in but the reaction from the team was fantastic. Thought after his goal, Brady ran the show for the rest of the game. Terrific player when on his game. Would of been a travesty if we lost that considering the chances we failed to convert. Glad we scored at the death against the obese Stranraer keeper as he always comes across as an arsehole. We may still be bottom but feel as though this may be the turning point. 

First 30 was woeful and I was trying to figure out how an86 would defend Gus for losing all nine games for the first quarter of the season when Gus decided that Burns was definitely not a defender and switched Bailey to left and push Sean up the park. Team had a much better balance after that and the momentum kept building throughout the second. Pitch tightened up, strong early tackles, started passing the ball through the middle, et voila.

Both Cummins and Wharton were flawless at the back with both making important tackles and both almost scoring. Brady back at his very best, Fotheringham quietly breaking up play and moving simple passes around perfectly. McVey, Galt and Burns (the midfielder) all doing good stuff. The most exciting prospect of the day for me was Bailey. Strong defender but very attack- minded and stays wide to make the middle more open. Always making a pass rather than just hitting it.

For an hour we were by far the better football team. Good signs of progress. Don't like to slag any opposition but Stranraer were the clumsiest (!) side I've seen since we came into these league. Apart from two cracking goals, pretty guff today. And what's with the time wasting guys? It's Scottish league one ffs.

Agreed we were rotten after a great start and two great goals , after that Queens were the better team and fitter too, they also hit the woodwork 3 times and deserved a point . Why our manager thinks that the lad Okoh has anything to offer is baffling to say the least.
we were dead on our feet near the end and looked sluggish for most of the game , Belford to blame for their late equaliser , no idea 
what he was thinking about.
we have decent players but not playing as a team ,  poor passing and other than Anderson early on we never really threatened queens. Everyone was saying that we had a difficult start to the season having played the better teams , well queens hadn't won a game in the league and they still made us look very poor. 

That's because we are very poor lol..we have a great team on paper and should be giving every team in the league a tough game and not conceding so many goals. I know it's early doors but I honestly don't think Farrell has a clue what he's doing.

Archived