Queens Park v Stranraer

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, beefybake said:

QP looked much sharper 2nd half, and also looked to me like they'd worked Stranraer out...?

Think you're right. When our man Burns tussled on the touchline with your guy at the equaliser, Burns was up and and at it and you're man just watched his studs. And to paraphrase that old favourite...it's never over 'til the fat keeper swings.

On 28/08/2017 at 17:01, Car54wherareyou said:

Cammy is now in his 3rd season with us.On his day a very good goalkeeper and a great shot stopper,although last Saturday wasn't his best day at the office it happens to every Goalie.I sometimes smile when he gets called tubby etc,I have been in his company and wish I had his weight problem,his outfits sometimes do him an injustice,I think Andy Goram was probably bigger than him.Dont see the point in moaning about time wasting,every team in the World does it from the Premiership to the dog and duck League in Brighton,you don't like to see it against you but if your team does it's fine.

Sorry can't agree with you this time , it's Belford's attitude and unsporting behaviour that does our club no good what so ever , I've seen him arguing with Stranraer fans after he's made another howler , on Saturday I would question him on the first goal too , yet he's quick enough to jump up and slate a team member , his time wasting was a joke , ball thrown to him at one point by the young ball boy and he just stood there and let it run past him , terrible mistake for the equaliser that was probably scored in the time added on from his stupid unprofessional antics , Hamil just as bad at time wasting that becomes embarrassing when we then see him running like a dafty to get the ball once they've equalised , just don't think it's what we should expect from a Stranraer team . 

Ive said this before but we don't look near as fit as in recent years ( especially under Aitken ) , back then we would look the fittest team in the later stages even against full time teams from the higher leagues , yet in all the games I've seen this season we fade badly , yes we came back v Ayr near the end but could match the run of their full back at their winner.

I wasnt at the game. Ive watched the qp highlights. From what ive seen its the defending that needs questioning. Lettimg crosses come in too easily the first goal for queens was curled right round cammy. The 2nd a mistake out wide then compiled by a mistake by cammy and unlucky morgyn. You could also look at the chances missed by stranraer. A lame effort stopped us going 3up.

But there again you could say Cammy is part of the reason why we're still in League 1 from last season.He saved us on numerous occasions and some fans tend to forget this,he actually made a fantastic save on Saturday which was shown in the highlights.Why are Stranraer suddenly getting it for wasting time,are we supposed to speed things up when winning by the odd goal,try watching Spanish football think you'll find what wasting time is all about.The second goal was a comedy of errors in the defence,but if Anderson hadn't gone off at H-T quite sure he would have covered Hamill,his replacement Tony Wallace just stood and watched, never in a million years should that ball got anywhere near the 6 yd box.

3 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

If only Woods had a shot on him I think he could play in the Championship. Should have buried that one.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with his finishing in League 2 where he buried loads of chances like that for us. Last season of course he really struggled for goals. Strange one

On 29/08/2017 at 11:21, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Highlights and lowlights....

Awful header from Scouse at their second. An unstoppable finish but he really should be dealing with high balls like that. Another example of us being architects of our own downfall so far this season. If we can get the daft errors sorted then I think we'll be fine as we have enough quality throughout the team to worry sides. 

Thankfully he put that behind him and went on to have a good game. I thought Wharton was immense.  Timed every tackle perfectly and his block second half stopped them scoring on one of their rare breaks up the park. No fannying around from him either. Brady was my motm though. Absolutely tireless with the skill to match. Now a key player for us, love his narkiness as well. We don't need nice guys in the midfield 

43 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Awful header from Scouse at their second. An unstoppable finish but he really should be dealing with high balls like that. Another example of us being architects of our own downfall so far this season. If we can get the daft errors sorted then I think we'll be fine as we have enough quality throughout the team to worry sides. 

Thankfully he put that behind him and went on to have a good game. I thought Wharton was immense.  Timed every tackle perfectly and his block second half stopped them scoring on one of their rare breaks up the park. No fannying around from him either. Brady was my motm though. Absolutely tireless with the skill to match. Now a key player for us, love his narkiness as well. We don't need nice guys in the midfield 

Aye, there was a few good individual performances but more importantly we looked a solid unit again for bout an hour. Wee shame there's spare week tbh.

Archived