Brechin City v Inverness Caledonian Shittle

Brechin came out with all guns blazing and I thought for the first twenty minutes we were in for a tough outing and then after the first goal we seemed to settle into a game albeit there were some wayward passes from us, overall we played a decent team game and pleasing to see that Polworth showed definite signs of excellent improvement from previous games, Charlie boy was consistent and steady and he has so far turned out to be an asset, Cooper had a very good game with some strong moves and he showed that he is capable of holding his patch. Vigurs ? two goals and yet a quieter game compared to last week, his header from the corner for his second was so feckin classy, he took it as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Overall a very good performance from the team and hopefully we will look upon this game as a real season kick off.

I've just about got the smell of manure which was wafting over the ground out of my system, and I'm not Bullshitting?? Should muck spreading be banned on matchdays at the glebe?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ach they were just kids best bit was the feisty wee female steward wee overgrown shades grabbing the ringleader by the throat and hauling him down the stairs in one fell swoop ...
On a more serious note that was just 30 or 40 teenagers getting a bit excitable yesterday but why was it left to 2 female stewards to sort out ????? Where was Head Steward Alan Boath and the other male stewards? ??? Probably hiding behind bottom enclosure that's amateurish. .Fair play to committee members Gary Ross and Eric Brown for getting involved .
Police !!! Far too heavy handed ...
Remember we d a wee group of teenagers a couple years back who bought a drum it makes for a wee atmosphere .. Should be encouraged minus the pyrotechnics. .
On the pitch screaming out for a fast strong attacker and we gotta make more of the few half chances we get ... Defence ain the that bad it's inevitable they can t defend every single ball into box .
Keeper needing to lose half a stone to sharpen up but still a great keeper .
Also think our players need to pass sooner Finnish Graham loses ball a lot trying to skin too many players ..

27 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I thought that was a scout troup  fae Inverness they were hardly hard core thugs but the fuckin drum was annoying and for that alone they should have been thrown oot :lol:

Firstly I was surprised at the poor home support and it's possible that the Caley contingent outnumbered them.

I have to comment on the stooshie with our boy's support, they were boisterous at the start with as usual songs and drum beating and no harm done, then the first blue flare went off and that sent the two stewards in attendance into some sort of speed kick and next they singled out one of the boys who strongly objected, the Brechin club numpty in blazer and tie was called then and two of the more senior Caley supporters spent some time reasoning with him but his final reaction was to call in the police, apparently three police vans turned up and then the twenty or so boys were confronted by five police and three stewards in the stadium, total over reaction, and as the game progressed 10 of the boys were thrown out, I have in good authority that none of the boys have been charged.

I wonder how Brechins Blazer and Tie numpty will react if Celtic fans come calling in a cup game, for me seeing the guy he seems the type that would go into hiding as harassing young boys enjoying themselves is his level. 

I agree that Flares are wrong and our boys need to be chastised by our club management and threatened with banning if it continues, however some of the blame lies with the Brechin management as unlike our club policy no bags were searched on entry to the ground. 

Brechin needs to get up to speed on this issue, plus noisy groups of young supporters are the norm at many clubs.

11 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Firstly I was surprised at the poor home support and it's possible that the Caley contingent outnumbered them.

I have to comment on the stooshie with our boy's support, they were boisterous at the start with as usual songs and drum beating and no harm done, then the first blue flare went off and that sent the two stewards in attendance into some sort of speed kick and next they singled out one of the boys who strongly objected, the Brechin club numpty in blazer and tie was called then and two of the more senior Caley supporters spent some time reasoning with him but his final reaction was to call in the police, apparently three police vans turned up and then the twenty or so boys were confronted by five police and three stewards in the stadium, total over reaction, and as the game progressed 10 of the boys were thrown out, I have in good authority that none of the boys have been charged.

I wonder how Brechins Blazer and Tie numpty will react if Celtic fans come calling in a cup game, for me seeing the guy he seems the type that would go into hiding as harassing young boys enjoying themselves is his level. 

I agree that Flares are wrong and our boys need to be chastised by our club management and threatened with banning if it continues, however some of the blame lies with the Brechin management as unlike our club policy no bags were searched on entry to the ground. 

Brechin needs to get up to speed on this issue, plus noisy groups of young supporters are the norm at many clubs.

Don't disagree with some of what you say but we have had teams here in recent years that bring a far far bigger away support with them, Dunfermline / Raith Rovers for example bring  3 or 4 times the amount of fans that you had yesterday with absolutely no issues, they have excellent fans who make plenty of noise. As for our poor home support how many  do you expect from population 6500 ? our crowds are what they are and makes our promotion to this league an even greater achievement, I would not say that Caley do not have a great support given the population catchment area you have.

I stopped reading here. An Inverness fan criticising another clubs home support. Fucking hell.

Well yes a bit disappointing but beaten by a slicker, faster team today. We worked hard enough but lacked in a few areas, up top and midfield does not quite work for me.
Agree Smith's distribution is not great.
As is frequently our issue the gap between midfield and up front is too big, especially when our up front guys were unable to hold it up. I would like to see Osri out wide with Finn Graham more central or Jacko and A Other through the middle. Too often I felt the middle of the park is being over run as we are expecting those in there to do an awful lot. 
The back four were exposed as ICT's midfield ran past ours creating several 2 on 1 situations - something Utd did not do last week. 
It was a disappointing game from our point of few but onwards and an easier game against Falkirk soon.

Oh and of all the supporters coming to the Glebe I did not expect ICT to be the biggest fannies - at least the 50 or so whose numbers were reduced due to stupidity. Flares - FFS and then squaring up to stewards and police.

Spot on

Inverness brought a bus and a mini bus and Sandy the fermer s Massey. Hardly outnumbering our 500 diehards ...
When your clubs been as well run and has a history over 100 years like all Angus clubs you can mention Angus Utd

37 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Inverness brought a bus and a mini bus and Sandy the fermer s Massey. Hardly outnumbering our 500 diehards ...
When your clubs been as well run and has a history over 100 years like all Angus clubs you can mention Angus Utd

And how often in that 100 years have Arbroath, Montrose, Forfar and Brechin won the Scottish Cup?

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

On the subject of the blazer and tie brigade, I assume the Inverness blazers decide where the smaller travelling support are housed at their place ?  At the cup game the Brechin supporters were put in the open section of the main stand  in the pissing rain , despite plenty vacant seats under the covered bit  and to top it all the only toilets and refreshment stalls were at the opposite end of the ground , having to endure the abuse from the above said youngsters  ( who are harmless really!!!!  ) .  

I would say our club go out of their way to accommodate decent away supports .  They can stand or sit where they want. If it pisses with rain they can go under cover.  They have a public bar to attend before or after the game . It is the knobheads who abuse the hospitality I can't be doing with.  Fair enough make a noise and encourage your team , we have done that ourselves and the team really appreciate it.  There is a big difference however when the dickos start verbally abusing people , stewards etc just to get a reaction.   Sorry but they deserved all they got yesterday and I only hope the wee greeting laddie got grounded from his mum for being one of those annoying wee fannies. 

Rant Over. 

While there are undoubtedly stewards who put on the high-vis jacket and all of a sudden think they are FBI agents, some of our younger, neddier fans are absolute morons.  Wee 14 year olds who think going to a Caley Thistle-Brechin game is like going to Hadjuk Split against Red Star Belgrade in 1985!

Don't dare criticise them though, as they are a precious bunch who can't take a single comment.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Absolutely staggering that a match thread between Brechin and ICT has descended into a crowd w**k.

Staggering? what I find staggering is the inordinate amount of time and posts you put in a lot of Forums on here and on CTO, you come across as a nice guy and you are good at giving out travel advice etc but has it all become an obsession. 

An afterthought, what is a crowd w**k? please explain as you must know, it's just that I mentioned it to Bunty and she's intrigued, is it just a group of men or can women join in?

16 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Staggering? what I find staggering is the inordinate amount of time and posts you put in a lot of Forums on here and on CTO, you come across as a nice guy and you are good at giving out travel advice etc but has it all become an obsession. 

An afterthought, what is a crowd w**k? please explain as you must know, it's just that I mentioned it to Bunty and she's intrigued, is it just a group of men or can women join in?

We won 4 - 0 on Saturday, the players turned in an impressive performance, good atmosphere from the away support etc. There's a lot of positives that we could be talking about rather than getting worked up about the size of Brechins crowds. 

Archived