Diana. Where were you?

Flybhoy

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NorthernJambo said:

Try take it easy DA. You're getting furious at folk who done something 20 years ago. Folk do strange things when they're needlessly grieving strangers.

My rage over this will only simmer away

Based on these videos the only thing I'm hoping for when the Queen croaks is that it happens in January in the middle of the worst winter in a century. Imagine the laugh you'd get from people queuing up on the motorway in the middle of a blizzard to look at a hearse.

3 hours ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

Pretty much spot on.

This article gives the whole scenario. Make a coffee and read it, then start putting money away so you can get out the country for a week or two when it all goes down.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

She wouldn't need to die in the next 4 years, as Big Ben won't be working...

I had a tender, highly moving w**k in her memory that night.

I was working for Radio Rentals at the time of the funeral and the levels of seethe as I turned up to remove a TV set was scary. Mouth breathing dribbling unionists having a complete heads gone!

3 hours ago, John MacLean said:

I remember worrying that it might have an impact of the devolution campaign. If it did it was only in a positive way. My Aunt, pretty royalist and unionist, changed her votes from No/No to Yes/Yes on the strength of being annoyed that the Queen's presence in London 'with her people' was being demanded while she was holed up in Balmoral. 

I knew the Queen was at Balmoral but didn't realise she was being holed up. That's really disrespectful - but Philip must have been delighted that he'd made the arrangements - an unexpected bonus.

It was faux-grief overload but she genuinely seemed like a nice person who was treated pishy by the Royals.

I don't see the likes of Charlie Chuckles or Phillip getting the same reaction from the public when they cark it.
They are a couple of arseholes.

Clapping a hearse [emoji38]
Anyway, absolute fucking insanity that makes me sick and pretty angry. All of these absolute scum need a huge big punch in the puss at the very least. Cretins, utter cretins. Servile, toadying, stupid, vile, boot-licking, vapid, empty, ugly, vacant, fake, phoney, abject, fawning, ignorant, submissive, craven, cringey c***s.
I despise them all.

50 miles people stood like that on the m1? Where in the f**k have they parked the cars? Mental.

If there's one thing to thank Blessed Diana for, it's outing some U2 fans. They should have been buried with her.

In my defence, I can't be bothered with them anymore. That was my first and last gig of theirs.

Would be interesting to hear someone admit that they were one of the millions who lost their shit for a week in 1997 and find out if they look back on it with any degree of shame or embarrassment. There's a documentary about those seven days on the Netflix that I was watching yesterday (for lolz) and while it's mostly drippingly sycophantic, there are a few occasional voices of reason; like questioning the character of a man who claimed not to have cried when his wife died of breast cancer, but who cried when Diana died. The film also seemed to enjoy that for all his bluster during his eulogy about how he was going to take care of those boys and make sure they grew up like us normal folk, Earl Spencer has had precisely f**k all to do with their lives since then.

For some reason, probably my clearest memory of that time is watching the clip below live. If you'd asked me when this had happened during that week, I'd have sworn it was on the Monday or the Tuesday. I definitely don't recall watching the funeral but I guess I must have. Anyway, this utter bilge from Chris De Burgh really summed up the soppy rhyming poetry and the childish messages left in cellophane-wrapped flowers that seemed to consume the existence of a nation. I remember laughing in a quite hateful manner towards Chris De Burgh and his stupid fucking new star in heaven dross. It seemed at that time, you really could say any old mawkish shite and so long as it rhymed or was some feeble, hackneyed expression of sadness, some c**t would let you on the telly to say it.

15 minutes ago, MSU said:

Would be interesting to hear someone admit that they were one of the millions who lost their shit for a week in 1997 and find out if they look back on it with any degree of shame or embarrassment. There's a documentary about those seven days on the Netflix that I was watching yesterday (for lolz) and while it's mostly drippingly sycophantic, there are a few occasional voices of reason; like questioning the character of a man who claimed not to have cried when his wife died of breast cancer, but who cried when Diana died. The film also seemed to enjoy that for all his bluster during his eulogy about how he was going to take care of those boys and make sure they grew up like us normal folk, Earl Spencer has had precisely f**k all to do with their lives since then.

For some reason, probably my clearest memory of that time is watching the clip below live. If you'd asked me when this had happened during that week, I'd have sworn it was on the Monday or the Tuesday. I definitely don't recall watching the funeral but I guess I must have. Anyway, this utter bilge from Chris De Burgh really summed up the soppy rhyming poetry and the childish messages left in cellophane-wrapped flowers that seemed to consume the existence of a nation. I remember laughing in a quite hateful manner towards Chris De Burgh and his stupid fucking new star in heaven dross. It seemed at that time, you really could say any old mawkish shite and so long as it rhymed or was some feeble, hackneyed expression of sadness, some c**t would let you on the telly to say it.

Sounds like Sarah Ferguson told him that the kids might like it to be kind. Bit funny when Dimbleby suggested it was Ferguson's tribute and he insisted no no, it's all mine, including copyright, that bitch is having nothing. I may have exaggerated a tad.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm afraid that radio stations actually have a list of music they have to play when a 'royal' dies. It's all sombre shit. Found this out when getting some training for hospital radio (they had a special playlist set up for such an occasion).

When the queen dies radio will be unbearable, but TV will be worse, with pretty much everything cancelled for wall to wall coverage.

Football games will be cancelled, and we'll all be expected to be good little subjects and have a minute's silence at the first one back. Would you boo during this silence?

Will they cancel Spanish and Italian football as well?  Will I still be able to access dodgy streams for Italian and Spanish football?

44 minutes ago, The DA said:

Will they cancel Spanish and Italian football as well?  Will I still be able to access dodgy streams for Italian and Spanish football?

You'll be fine if she croaks before Brexit.

If she goes in 2020 or later, we wouldn't have access anyway.

Yes, but see those big banners they put on the centre circle for the Champions League? That will be her dish.

Anyway, after reading about all the Diana pish this was posted on Twitter.

http://www.scottishsporthistory.com/sports-history-news-and-blog/please-call-the-game-off-seven-days-that-shook-scottish-football

I would have been 14, went into the living room and my dad was reading the papers and had the radio on, he told me.

I then uttered possibly the most stupid sentence of my entire life- I can only blame it on being half asleep but it's stuck with me for 20 years.

"I'll see if there's anything about it on TV"

f**k.

Didn't really think about it at the time, but prince harry made a great point on a programme a few weeks back about how as a 11/12 year old? How crap it was having to walk behind the coffin of his mum, with all these people watching on and wailing, and knowing there were millions more at home doing the same. Kind of felt sorry for him when he describes it like that. Losing yer mum at any age is crap, but to have all that added into the equation must have been a complete mind f**k.

When the queen dies, social media will be unbearable.
When charles and probably phil the greek go, it won't seem as bad.

The interesting one is go be camilla. When you think about how all they people "grieving" for diana were calling her all the names under the sun, will they be the same people saying its a shame, she wasn't so bad after all. Etc.

Archived