Diana. Where were you?

Flybhoy

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fishing and lifting lobster pots off Troon, was up when the story began to break. Remember coming in early afternoon and the harbour was deserted and the few folk that were about kept asking if we knew as if we shouldn't be working. Strangely I can remember it was a great days fishing so that's what I remember it for.

5 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Bit pished, so forgive me if I'm reading this wrong - DA, are you saying that Di was a borderline widnae while alive, but that you'd be happy to defile her corpse?

Do all women become more shaggable upon death, or just sloany members of the aristocracy?

Some corpses are just damn sexy though according to D.A

Has anyone else been singing "Dianna went to Paris just to have fun, she fought the wall and the wall won" since reading flybhoys story?

It is quite catchy. Bit crass singing it just after her death, but I Fought the Law is a catchy tune.

I was hungover in bed when I heard. Cancelling various football matches didn't endear her to me. Felt sorry for her kids. Saying that, I had always disliked the royals. They are just further proof of the fucking abomination of a nation we are. If we had any balls about us we'd have got the guillotine out. The French piss all over us as a nation.

On 2017/08/21 at 02:13, Flybhoy said:

Just noticed its approaching 20 years since the peoples princess cumwallet was murd..   I mean died in a car crash in Paris.

While some on here werent born or were still soiling there nappy.. where were the older members of P&B when they heard the news?...

Honestly don't remember.

12 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Fishing and lifting lobster pots off Troon, was up when the story began to break. Remember coming in early afternoon and the harbour was deserted and the few folk that were about kept asking if we knew as if we shouldn't be working. Strangely I can remember it was a great days fishing so that's what I remember it for.

In a sort of strange coincidence, I spent a fair part of the following Saturday (i.e. the funeral) off the south end of Arran as part of a search party looking for a fisherman who'd gone overboard while putting lobster pots down. Everybody seemed to agree that it was a far more productive activity than being forced to watch the TV that day.

52 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

In a sort of strange coincidence, I spent a fair part of the following Saturday (i.e. the funeral) off the south end of Arran as part of a search party looking for a fisherman who'd gone overboard while putting lobster pots down. Everybody seemed to agree that it was a far more productive activity than being forced to watch the TV that day.

I have a vague recollection of that actually now that you mention it. Strangely I can't remeber the funeral day at all presumably it was a normal working day for many of us.

I woke up and turned the kitchen radio on which then was set to Radio 1(it wasn't completely crap those days) There were occasional news bulletins informing of the news however, all programmes were cancelled and they decided to put The Aloof's 'One Night Stand' on a continual loop which I thought was a bit strange given her rumoured propensity for that very thing. Weird.

18 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Heartless b*****d!!! Don't you have sole?

4 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Heartless b*****d!!! Don't you have sole?

As the nation was FLOUNDERing in grief I was DABbing the sweat from my brow, You could say I was in the best PLAICE as I couldn't hear all the HADDIES CARPing on. I would go as far to say I had a BRILLiant day from what I can remember.

8 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I had been staying over at a mate's house in Oslo (lived in Norway at the time) and his dad at breakfast asked me 'you aren't a fan of Princess Diana are you?'

I said 'I don't know who that is.'

'Good,' he replied 'because she's dead.'

Had you been in a coma?

Archived