Diana. Where were you?

Flybhoy

Just noticed its approaching 20 years since the peoples princess cumwallet was murd..   I mean died in a car crash in Paris.

While some on here werent born or were still soiling there nappy.. where were the older members of P&B when they heard the news?

I was lying in bed with a young lady (95% certain she was female) I had met in classy Stirling nightstop The Fubar about six hours earlier when my 7.00 alarm went off and the radio informed me that she had been in a crash and died.

My alarm was set as I was getting picked up at Stirling services by a busload of radge Aberdonian Liverpool fans to go to that days game v Newcastle at Anfield, we got a phone call around Dumfries to inform us the game was cancelled out of respect to the nations favourite dirty, the news did not go down well :thumbsdown

Rather than return straight home we, rather hilariously persuaded the driver to let us spend the afternoon in Gretna getting pished, a group of tearful pensioners did not appreciate our rather ingenious reworking of 'I fought the law' by The Clash into...

"Diana went to Paris just to have fun...

She hit the wall and the wall won...."

Guess you had to be there :lol: , barman and, after a quick phone call the local police told us to leave immediately, what a day 8)

Your recollections of the day and ensuing events ???

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just noticed its approaching 20 years since the peoples princess cumwallet was murd..   I mean died in a car crash in Paris.
While some on here werent born or were still soiling there nappy.. where were the older members of P&B when they heard the news?
I was lying in bed with a young lady (95% certain she was female) I had met in classy Stirling nightstop The Fubar about six hours earlier when my 7.00 alarm went off and the radio informed me that she had been in a crash and died.
My alarm was set as I was getting picked up at Stirling services by a busload of radge Aberdonian Liverpool fans to go to that days game v Newcastle at Anfield, we got a phone call around Dumfries to inform us the game was cancelled out of respect to the nations favourite dirty, the news did not go down well :thumbsdown
Rather than return straight home we, rather hilariously persuaded the driver to let us spend the afternoon in Gretna getting pished, a group of tearful pensioners did not appreciate our rather ingenious reworking of 'I fought the law' by The Clash into...
Guess you had to be there [emoji38] , barman and, after a quick phone call the local police told us to leave immediately, what a day 8)

I believed the bit about Diana dying in a car crash.

The rest, not so much.

I'm surprised he wasn't a passenger in the car and dived out the boot just in time to see it engulf in flames. He then swam the English Channel and watched a Celtic game ( won 2-0 lol ) before playing a gig with the remaining Beatles on top of a mountain and picking Jayne Middlemiss up in Fubar before riding her up the arse behind his Grans bit.

11 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I'm surprised he wasn't a passenger in the car and dived out the boot just in time to see it engulf in flames. He then swam the English Channel and watched a Celtic game ( won 2-0 lol ) before playing a gig with the remaining Beatles on top of a mountain and picking Jayne Middlemiss up in Fubar before riding her up the arse behind his Grans bit.

Before or after catching her mobile phone? 

I was in a taxi heading back to my parents from the ice factory when the driver told us it had been on the news that Dodi had died and she had been badly injured. Woke up to the news she'd died the next day.

Lived in London at the time and had to travel back to a City full of grief ridden c**t a few days later!

Guess you had to be there :lol: , barman and, after a quick phone call the local police told us to leave immediately, what a day 8)

aaeab303c0c979714db0327e28cad667.jpg

I was on a plane home from new york, on my own (well you know what I mean, other passengers were there...obviously).

The captain announced they were both deid somewhere over the Atlantic. A ripple of shock spread through the cabin. I was non-plussed and ordered another of those tiny wee cans of coke that you got on a plane.

I was only 17 (cool as f**k, I was).

I was in bed.

It probably counts as progress for Magee that he hasn't claimed to have fingered Diana in the Fubar a few weeks before her death.  Still, he's got a long way to go before he stops being a creepy sex-pest fantasist.  

I was 10 and remember waking up in the morning like any other Sunday although my mother was quite clearly playing her tv overly loudly in her room and I remember hearing the words come through that Dianna had died. I felt indifferent then and I still couldn't care less about it all 20 years later, it just showed what a country of pathetic grief junkies we are.

3 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Sounds more believable than the OP...

Singing a song about her when her corpse isn't even cold as a group of drunken lads is frightful behaviour as well. Even if it's a made up story it's still a dickish thing to do but the sort of thing that you would expect from a group of old firm supporters sadly.

I was at home, probably getting ready to head out to church, told my wife the news, she came up and her and the two youngest girls (may have been the 3 youngest actually) watched the "news" all day.

Eventually I got fed up and sais "Look, she was in a car, it crashed, she died."

Didn't go down well. Prior to that I hadn't noticed my wife being particularly fond of Diana. After her death, she bought videos about her, magazines about her, loathed Charles, she's still not that keen on him. Bizarre behaviour, imo.

Archived