Diana. Where were you?

Flybhoy

On 8/21/2017 at 01:13, Flybhoy said:

Just noticed its approaching 20 years since the peoples princess cumwallet was murd..   I mean died in a car crash in Paris.

While some on here werent born or were still soiling there nappy.. where were the older members of P&B when they heard the news?

I was lying in bed with a young lady (95% certain she was female) I had met in classy Stirling nightstop The Fubar about six hours earlier when my 7.00 alarm went off and the radio informed me that she had been in a crash and died.

My alarm was set as I was getting picked up at Stirling services by a busload of radge Aberdonian Liverpool fans to go to that days game v Newcastle at Anfield, we got a phone call around Dumfries to inform us the game was cancelled out of respect to the nations favourite dirty, the news did not go down well :thumbsdown

Rather than return straight home we, rather hilariously persuaded the driver to let us spend the afternoon in Gretna getting pished, a group of tearful pensioners did not appreciate our rather ingenious reworking of 'I fought the law' by The Clash into...

"Diana went to Paris just to have fun...

She hit the wall and the wall won...."

Guess you had to be there :lol: , barman and, after a quick phone call the local police told us to leave immediately, what a day 8)

Your recollections of the day and ensuing events ???

Mind that post about you in an abandoned mineshaft?  That was true wasn't it?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife was trying to find something for us to watch. First attempt, she says  "We've seen this" "Have we? You mean you've seen this." Next choice I said "We've seen this too." Third choice was a programme about Diana's funeral and its aftermath - :barf Now we're watching Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen. I think I preferred the Diana grief in.

On 30/08/2017 at 02:58, welshbairn said:

Forgot about the stolen gym pictures that she allegedly arranged and then created an almighty fuss. RIP Diana, wid've.

diana.thumb.JPG.4e3e01b46503263ee063b82e0fc8ad43.JPG

That looks like Eva from Corrie minus the tits.

• 2 weeks later...

I had just started my drinking career. A week short of my 18th birthday, but I'd been going to the pub on Friday and Saturday nights for a couple of months. 

Anyway, I came home and dad was still up. He told me she's been in a crash and had suffered horrific injuries. The news was on TV (and was all that was on TV for a week). Next morning I woke up and the news said she was now deid.

I worked in a supermarket on Saturday mornings. They closed it for the funeral, so I got a paid day off. Silver linings and all that. 

21 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A fitting tribute. Obviously modelled on the post-crash pictures.

The well dressing of Princess Diana in Chesterfield Market Place

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-41243025

I thought she was supposed to be mad in to fashion, but she's quite clearly wearing a raccoon skin hat. She also appears to have suffered a stroke, which may explain the attempted application of the make up.

On 21/08/2017 at 13:09, DA Baracus said:

All the folk lining the streets and greeting and generally being ghoulish grievers should have all been 

When the queen goes (old hoor), there should be gunmen all around to mow down the sycophantic wailing types. And hopefully no football games get postponed.

I was thinking about the football scenario the other day. I've no doubt that when the Queen goes all domestic games immediately after the death will be called off, with some calling for them all to be off between the death and the funeral, Those of us who say we just want to get on with our lives and go to the football will be derided as traitors and anyone with a public profile who does so will probably face death threats as well. However, what if it does happen around international fixtures like Diana?

FIFA and UEFA have moved on a lot since 1997 and have credible rules preventing politicising of football. If any FA asked for a game to be moved because the Head of State died they would surely be told to f**k off, and rightly so. However we saw with the poppies that the Home Nations are willing to go ahead and ignore the rules despite obviously being in the wrong: would they be willing to do the same over this? Bearing in mind how bad the public/media hysteria would be if a game was, say, the day of the funeral, would they go as far as refusing to play even if told in no uncertain terms they'd be given a 3-0 defeat for refusing to turn up and risk a further fine/deduction? I fear they'd be more prepared to risk the wrath of FIFA than the criticism from creepy weirdos who actually care about the Royal Family.

On 21/08/2017 at 16:42, throbber said:

The downside of social media being that people don't feel the need to connect with one another face to face anymore. I said about the day after the accident how I remember how everyone was talking about it all and how bad it was with a burning desire to have their say on it to someone who will listen to them. Now you can do that on Facebook, twitter and a million other forms of social media that by the time people get round to actually talking about important issues face to face they haven't got that desire anymore as they have already got it out via social media. Is not a good thing at all and I hate to think how bad it will be in another 10 years time.

If people get their gurning about a dead royal out of their system on social media before I see them at work and I don't have to hear a word of it, that can only be a good thing.

Anyway, I was 6 at the time. All I really remember is my parents both being pissed off at nothing else being on TV but beyond being puzzled at every TV channel showing the same thing the hysteria passed me by.

I do remember the Queen Mother dying. I was in P7 at the time and the whole school were dragged out of their classes and forced to watch the funeral on TV, P1 kids included. Imagine making five year olds sit through that shit!

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 16:20, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Godawful fake tans hadn't quite caught on by 1997, had they? Maybe they were going for a "what she would have looked like now" approach.

Too much flesh, imho.

Archived