Diana. Where were you?

Flybhoy

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:

I had a tender, highly moving w**k in her memory that night.

Ashamed to admit that she may have featured in the fantasies of twelve-year-old Dave on occasion.

In my defence, it was before the internet, and it was remarkably easy to find swimsuit pics of her in the papers. And I'd yet to discover the hidden treasure troves that are hedges.

11 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Yes, but see those big banners they put on the centre circle for the Champions League? That will be her dish.

Anyway, after reading about all the Diana pish this was posted on Twitter.

http://www.scottishsporthistory.com/sports-history-news-and-blog/please-call-the-game-off-seven-days-that-shook-scottish-football

Excellent article. I knew Andy Mitchell - he was a Meadowbank Thistle supporter and we were all chuffed for him when he landed what we all saw as his dream job.

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Ashamed to admit that she may have featured in the fantasies of twelve-year-old Dave on occasion.

In my defence, it was before the internet, and it was remarkably easy to find swimsuit pics of her in the papers. And I'd yet to discover the hidden treasure troves that are hedges.

Or the women's underwear pages in your mum's Littlewood's catalogue.

16 hours ago, MSU said:

Anyway, this utter bilge from Chris De Burgh really summed up the soppy rhyming poetry and the childish messages left in cellophane-wrapped flowers that seemed to consume the existence of a nation.

I'll raise you this in the "pass the sickbag" stakes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY4GJ_1k1jY

The (London) radio station I listened to when this came out was apparently owned by MAF. It was plugged relentlessly - at least twice an hour.

Story in case the youtube link doesn't work: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/157976/Listen-to-Soul-legend-s-musical-tribute-to-Princess-Diana

13 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Yes, but see those big banners they put on the centre circle for the Champions League? That will be her dish.

Anyway, after reading about all the Diana pish this was posted on Twitter.

http://www.scottishsporthistory.com/sports-history-news-and-blog/please-call-the-game-off-seven-days-that-shook-scottish-football

Good article, but it makes me hate humanity even more.

Sorry to take it political, but this from Donald Finlay is rage inducing. What a cretinous craven coward; "this is what happens when Scots try to run their own affairs".

Also;

Labour MP Jimmy Hood thundered 'The decision of the Scottish FA has brought shame on Scotland.' And it was not just politicians: Denis Law said 'I would ask not be to be selected if the game was going ahead. The whole nation will be joined in mourning and showing their respect. You just feel the SFA have got to have a rethink.'

And to the shock of no one;

Yet there appeared little room for manoeuvre. Belarus were prepared to move the kick-off back a few hours but that idea was blown out of the water when the Rangers players in the squad - Ally McCoist, Gordon Durie and Andy Goram - told Craig Brown they would not play on the Saturday at any time.

The scum should have told, "fine, but you'll never play for Scotland again."

There's absolutely no doubt that when the queen dies it will be hugely politicised and used as some sort of mad case against Independence, with every single reaction hugely scrutinised by a baying media who will have their articles pre-written and just need to fill in the names.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Good article, but it makes me hate humanity even more.

Sorry to take it political, but this from Donald Finlay is rage inducing. What a cretinous craven coward; "this is what happens when Scots try to run their own affairs".

Also;

Labour MP Jimmy Hood thundered 'The decision of the Scottish FA has brought shame on Scotland.' And it was not just politicians: Denis Law said 'I would ask not be to be selected if the game was going ahead. The whole nation will be joined in mourning and showing their respect. You just feel the SFA have got to have a rethink.'

And to the shock of no one;

Yet there appeared little room for manoeuvre. Belarus were prepared to move the kick-off back a few hours but that idea was blown out of the water when the Rangers players in the squad - Ally McCoist, Gordon Durie and Andy Goram - told Craig Brown they would not play on the Saturday at any time.

The scum should have told, "fine, but you'll never play for Scotland again."

There's absolutely no doubt that when the queen dies it will be hugely politicised and used as some sort of mad case against Independence, with every single reaction hugely scrutinised by a baying media who will have their articles pre-written and just need to fill in the names.

We'll get two days off though, so it's all good.

40 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I was fcuking raging that I got up at 6am to do my sunday paper round and they were all late as they had to be reprinted.

The Scotland game being called off topped it off.

Inside job, without a doubt.

Of course it was.

If they had been outside the tunnel, they wouldn't have hit the wall.

4 hours ago, trainspotter said:

I'll raise you this in the "pass the sickbag" stakes..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY4GJ_1k1jY

The (London) radio station I listened to when this came out was apparently owned by MAF. It was plugged relentlessly - at least twice an hour.

Story in case the youtube link doesn't work: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/157976/Listen-to-Soul-legend-s-musical-tribute-to-Princess-Diana

Soaring stuff. My breakfast up my gullet, that is.

Archived