Thistle v Aberdeen, Saturday 26th August

Result?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Granted we were playing against a much better team, but I'd only give pass marks to Erskine and Doolan today. Barton in particular seems to be turning into a complete donkey, and Connor Sammon is like playing Mathias Pogba in a wide left role - completely pointless. We continue to look weak in the full back areas, and even Cerny looked out of position at Wright's goal, as good as it was.

Was hoping we'd be able to take a few more points off the better teams this season as I think we've actually improved the squad, but with no wins from four it looks like we'll continue to shite our pants.

Just back in the door - what a game! We were excellent going forward and horrible at the back. May worked his socks off, Christie and Wright were very dangerous and I thought Kenny McLean played well in second half. Stewart wasn't bad either and some of the interplay going forward was a joy to watch. Rooney does what he does best and showed why we still need to keep him.

Still not 100% sure about Tansey but he played okay. Individually Shinnie and Logan played well but they were bombing forward a lot and that maybe left us somewhat exposed at the back. Our defending at set pieces was terrible and the 2nd and 3rd Partick goals should have been avoided. Both centre halfs were poor and Considine looked like a man who hasn't been playing in that position. Not sure whats up with Arnason but I would have given him a run at half time and if he doesn't get a game next time around there is something strange. Joe Lewis in goal had little chance given the defensive mistakes in front of him.

Overall though great day and fantastic entertainment. Thought our support was terrific when we needed them to be and great to see the team dig in for the result - great scenes at the end. One final point - did anyone sitting around block M2 see that woman who went off her nut constantly for about 15 minutes.....what was she on????? I get the fact somebody eventually said something innapropriate to her but what a scene she caused!   

Wee mention to Partick - you won't be a the bottom for long. Given your resources in comparison to ours I think you have a right be aggrieved to have given so much to the game but got nothing out of it. 

3 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Thistle fans. Genuine question.

Does your GK always waste time from about 15 minutes into a game and do you always take throw ins 20 yards from where the ball goes out ?

Can't decide if you were good or if it was just our shite defence.

Big lad in the middle looked really decent for you though.

I remember Cerny going down with cramp three times during a pretty grim midweek defeat to Accies during the McGhee era. A f*cking goalkeeper claiming to have cramp!

32 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Granted we were playing against a much better team, but I'd only give pass marks to Erskine and Doolan today. Barton in particular seems to be turning into a complete donkey, and Connor Sammon is like playing Mathias Pogba in a wide left role - completely pointless. We continue to look weak in the full back areas, and even Cerny looked out of position at Wright's goal, as good as it was.

Was hoping we'd be able to take a few more points off the better teams this season as I think we've actually improved the squad, but with no wins from four it looks like we'll continue to shite our pants.

Oh please f**k off

Adamant that Erskine giving Madden pelters just before the penalty decision went agaisnt us (Madden being pissed off and the linesmen chips in gave him an easy option)

Once again we conceed a game deciding goal from not shutting down the cross in the closing stages..

Overall thought Aberdeen were just very "professional", particuarly in the 1st half when Consadine clattered someone and everyone was expecting a card but McLean mouths off at Madden to take the heat away and Madden forgets to punish Consadine. That said, the officials were very "give the bigger team every decision today"

Middle to front - Aberdeen are really good but their defence (particuarly CB's) can be got at by teams willing to have a go or just route one them

Barton needs dropped to the bench or a few games, Banzo + Osman for the next few games please

Turnbull looked class and I thought Sammon did well but needs to improve his defensive side a bit

The game changed on Bannigan's idiocy. 

Time and time again, he lets us down with his brainless decision making. He was having a fine game up until then as well.

I see one of our posters is slagging off Sammon's performance. That's right up there with 'cheat' chants earlier today. Some of our fans are a red neck.

Told my 8 year old to make the most of today and milk being top for as long as he can here in Glasgow [emoji106]. ????[emoji1248]????[emoji294]️[emoji294]️????[emoji1248]????

Fucking nick of this.

Good game today, shame we didn't get anything from it, although it was pretty inevitable. Both lineups were attacking and we certainly got two good attacking performances. Spittal will be vital for us this season with how good he is from dead balls. Thought Sammon had a good game, but tired in the last 10-15 and should probably have been taken off before the fourth went in. I actually thought Barton was a lot better today than he has been this season. Keown's first yellow was never a booking, and his second was just stupid. No idea how Christie got all that space for the first Aberdeen goal, and I wouldn't like to have been Stuart Bannigan in the dressing room today after giving away that penalty, what a fud.

O'Connor and Lewis were dreadful for the Dons today. Aside from that, I thought they looked very good. The front four looked very tidy.

Adamant that Erskine giving Madden pelters just before the penalty decision went agaisnt us (Madden being pissed off and the linesmen chips in gave him an easy option)
Once again we conceed a game deciding goal from not shutting down the cross in the closing stages..
Overall thought Aberdeen were just very "professional", particuarly in the 1st half when Consadine clattered someone and everyone was expecting a card but McLean mouths off at Madden to take the heat away and Madden forgets to punish Consadine. That said, the officials were very "give the bigger team every decision today"
Middle to front - Aberdeen are really good but their defence (particuarly CB's) can be got at by teams willing to have a go or just route one them
Barton needs dropped to the bench or a few games, Banzo + Osman for the next few games please
Turnbull looked class and I thought Sammon did well but needs to improve his defensive side a bit

Madden was shite as I have said. But give the bigger teams all the decisions ?

We should have had at least 2 penalties and your guy should have been sent off earlier on.

Not to mention your constant time wasting and cheating at throw ins.

Only thing worse than Madden was our defence you should have pumped more balls into the box imho.

7 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Madden was shite as I have said. But give the bigger teams all the decisions ?

We should have had at least 2 penalties and your guy should have been sent off earlier on.

Not to mention your constant time wasting and cheating at throw ins.

Only thing worse than Madden was our defence you should have pumped more balls into the box imho.

:lol:

Watched the highlights there, absolutely idiotic push by Bannigan for the penalty. I also thought the first and fourth goals could have been defended better as well.

Not at all shocked than when Spittal plays we're far more threatening, a directness and general threat that Amoo never had. Shite to lose but not unlike the Hearts game last season [when Watt scored late to win it for them] we showed we can play well and once we get moving, can pick up a fair amount of points [I hope :unsure2: ]

Thistle obviously have their issues but a step up in quality from Dundee/Accies and we were just about up to it.

Would still like us to win games with a bit more control. Whether that's getting Arnason in the middle of the park or dipping into the transfer market again I'm not sure.

Watching Scott Wright is a delight, McInnes gets a ridiculous amount of stick for being hesitant to use the youth but I think he's man managing him well - lot of pressure on the lad to replace Hayes and he's using him sensibly rather than just launching him in at the deep end.

2 hours ago, Meatwad said:

Not at all shocked than when Spittal plays we're far more threatening, a directness and general threat that Amoo never had.

His set piece delivery alone makes him a massive step up on Amoo. So far I've seen nothing in his performances to suggest United fans were justified in their dislike of him.

Archived