St Mirren v Arabs

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Luther G Presley said:

Give McMullan a hard tackle early in the game and he will go into his shell, we know this from his time with us, it's probably even worth a yellow.

f**k, he went into his shell for the rest of the season :lol:

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Is this the same side that avoided relegation by a bawhair last year? Next.

The great escape as it was called. From January till the end of the season we had the best form in the league playing some great football along the way. Have only seen that great football against Falkirk. Our other two league we have been down to 10 men for over an hour. This will be a good game with two teams attacking both teams scoring. Can't wait. 

Seems like McMullan is well thought of by the United fans. Missing out on him was a blessing in disguise as we've looked much more of a threat down the right this season with a reshuffle of existing players. Can't argue with United's perfect start but this sounds like it will be their first big test. 

22 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Can't argue with United's perfect start but this sounds like it will be their first big test. 

Depends which St Mirren turns up, I guess. We have got to screw the nut and start keeping our discipline, though. 

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Depends which St Mirren turns up, I guess. We have got to screw the nut and start keeping our discipline, though. 

There are a few hugely smashable players in that United team though. Could be another red card day. 

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Could be another red card day. 

Not for Willo Flood, though. I look forward to him getting away with at least three dead-cert yellow cards. I'd put Stelios on him, man-for-man, just for sheer panto villain entertainment.

38 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Not for Willo Flood, though. I look forward to him getting away with at least three dead-cert yellow cards. I'd put Stelios on him, man-for-man, just for sheer panto villain entertainment.

In which case your man Stelios is likely to be standing next to the dugout for most of the game as Flood isnt going to start.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

He's behind you :thumsup2

I don't know if my hatred for Utd will allow me to be calm enough on Saturday.
Dont be too surprised if you see stewards just  down from the away dugouts.

Uft, was planning to head along, but not now if there's going to be hardmen like you kicking about

On 20/08/2017 at 19:15, NorthEast_Arab said:

To be fair to united;

Game v Caley - United never had a recognised striker.

Game v QOTS - United played most of the game with 10 men.

Game v Brechin - wasn't the best but St Mirren won't play 5 at the back they'll come at us which will suit united more as we have pace on the wings so we'll get plenty chances from counter attacks. 

Im more than confident united will get stronger week by week as the teams still jelling. The bonus United have this season compared to last is we have depth on the bench. 

Was nt aware we played 5 at the back !! 

Archived