St Mirren v Arabs

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

I wasn't there, United may have been awful and offered nothing but you can't conclude anything from a goals package.

They were, and I'm concluding things from the video also based on the context of yesterday's game. They offered very little until the latter part of the 2nd half (perhaps the first couple of minutes). 

It's really not a big deal, they were terrible, their fans admit they were terrible. I've edited my original post.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

They were, and I'm concluding things from the video also based on the context of yesterday's game.

You want to edit that one too then because it makes no sense whatsoever. You're not concluding anything at all from the video except a scoreline everybody who read the newspaper already knows. You're making comments about having seen the game (which is fair enough) but claiming a video backs it up which it no more does than if it showed live coverage of negotiations between Donald Trump and Kim Jung Un!

Lewis can't be blamed for the goals, although maybe can be disappointed not to have for a stronger hand to the 3rd, but he looked a bombscare all day. Maybe that comes from having Durnan in front of you but he really struggled with his handling.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Meh.

Don't mean to sound dismissive, but just now (and lacking sleep) I don't really care. The video link is there.

The big thing from the game was our dominance, Morgan's continued impressive level of play, keeping a clean sheet, and McShane and McGinn (and I believe the former will convince some of the support who don't seem so keen on him) working far better as a pairing. It's all positives.

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

United did have chances, Samson made a great save from a 1-on-1 at 0-0 and he had 3 fairly routine saves after that. united also had maybe 3-4 shots off target including a couple of woeful free licks from McMullan and McDonald.

Surprisingly poor showing by United. No need to repeat it I suppose as it's been said many times. Don't really know how McKinnon got that team to play so badly though.

19 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

You have to appreciate the level of scream from the co commentator in that goal video.

United look honking, three unchallenged strikes from the edge of the box?! Flood may as well have been a corpse playing the defensive mid role. 

Should have heard him in the Raith and Ayr games last season when we scored 5 and 6, he got louder and more high pitched for every goal scored. I think he came when Mallan put it in the top corner from 35 yards against Raith but to be fair that was justified.

On 8/30/2017 at 16:29, irvine_buddie said:

Should have heard him in the Raith and Ayr games last season when we scored 5 and 6, he got louder and more high pitched for every goal scored. I think he came when Mallan put it in the top corner from 35 yards against Raith but to be fair that was justified.

I came when that goal went in too tbf 

Archived