St Mirren v Arabs

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a terrible performance. Astonished at the total lack of urgency, workrate or ability to play forward balls. All credit to St.Mirren for teaching us a lesson in attacking football.

Reality check for McKinnon and the players. This is going to be a long season.

Watched this on a tv stream in my DAB pal's flat as the only dee, feeling very smug.

Lewis Morgan looks like an absolute baller, the second goal was a fucking belter and it was great work and a nice ping to set up Mcshane for another decent finish. St Mirren were the better team by an absolute mile and united looked very, very average. Mcdonald, King etc were all completely anonymous.

Fair play buddies and thank for you for letting me laugh at my mates.

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We mustn't let anyone near Lewis Morgan in the next 5 days. This is completely vital. 

In an ideal world, but money talks. If Burton - or whoever else - were interested already, then after today they'll surely be considering a bid. He's out of contract at the end of the season, and won't command much of a development fee.

I'd be disappointed, but not surprised if he's away before the window closes.

In an ideal world, but money talks. If Burton - or whoever else - were interested already, then after today they'll surely be considering a bid. He's out of contract at the end of the season, and won't command much of a development fee.
I'd be disappointed, but not surprised if he's away before the window closes.

You need to get rid of him. A liability at defending and offers little going forward.

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

You need to get rid of him. A liability at defending and offers little going forward.

He's a young lad. 

We shouldn't be too hard on him. 

Indeed, I wouldn't complain if we offered him a 5 year deal - just out of sympathy mind. 

Superb performance against a very poor United side. Morgan, McShane, Baird and Liam Smith were all excellent. Could have been a lot more too with McShane rattling the bar from a corner and Sir Gavinho not quite at the races.

Really big save from Sammy at 0-0, fair play to him as it could have gone a lot differently. Good keepy/wind up effort too. I hope Smith's injury wasn't as bad as it looked, he's been great so far.

McMullen getting booked for diving and McDonald's yellow for dissent were delightful. I also loved Paul Quinn taking a yellow then going over and deservedly losing his shit at Durnan :lol:

That was really very good from us but Dundee United were woeful.

Morgan was great but other excellent performances including both Smith's. Hope Liam isn't out long, looked more like an impact injury like Morgan via Ayr.

United are so pedestrian and slow it is unreal. Their Centre backs just strolling about with the ball like it was the last 5 mins of seeing out a win before aimlessly punting or giving it to their midfield who kept giving the ball away time after time too. Amazed they were undefeated till today.

Far too easy , I thought Falkirk were bad,but United managed to outdo them . Willo's done , Fyvie's fat and McMullan is never good enough to play in a team with title aspirations. The fact that we still have Harry Davis and Kyle Magennis , two automatic first choices , still to come in, fills me with great hope for the season :)

It's starting to feel a wee bit Fergie 77ish :P

Archived