St Mirren v Arabs

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Demented Zebra is having a 'mare here.

(Pun not intended)

Not at all you lads are in a flap over the sinking ship of debt. One more year in the championship and we will need to throw you life jackets , just hope we have enough to go round. Ether that or you can get advice accross the road word has it they have the tea-shirt and the rule book. 

18 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Not at all you lads are in a flap over the sinking ship of debt. One more year in the championship and we will need to throw you life jackets , just hope we have enough to go round. Ether that or you can get advice accross the road word has it they have the tea-shirt and the rule book. 

A year? Oh FFS! The Dees are at least able to predict a quick death. We rarely have a week to live, two at the outside. I don't know if I can last a whole year waiting for the axe to fall.

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Have I flapped a few feathers from United fans lol ! Can someone explain to United fans debt to your club is debt. Now whether that be for toilet rolls , pampers, dummy's , is nether here no there. ( Its debt that's the bottom line ) 

I'd be happy if someone just explained what that sentence means.

Anyway we're going to be getting £800k from Andy Robertson's sell off to Liverpool, we will get something similar when Armstrong goes in December, not sure about Gauld yet but we'll get at least£8million from Barcelona for McMullan next summer.  That should take care of the debt and leave enough to invest in the squad and convert Dens to a car park.

11 hours ago, Stu said:

Seem to remember the United Youtube channel pleading with the SFA for Goodwin to get banned with a "Won't somebody think of the children?" style video.

No, that can't be right.The Arabs chairman Stephen Thompson had demanded a review of SFA compliance, no less, after selective video evidence was used to ban Gavin Gunning for three games. Here's what he said:

“There were two other incidents in the game we felt were worthy of being looked at but which weren’t highlighted on TV. But when we spoke to the SFA we were told that if we wanted to report them, they would be considered.

“I wouldn’t do that. That’s where the whole system is fundamentally wrong.

“It’s not the clubs’ job to start highlighting incidents of player discipline from other clubs – that’s what we have match officials and supervisors for.

“That’s really wrong. It opens a can of worms.

“What happens if we’re playing club X next week and we see something on TV from their game at the weekend that hasn’t been highlighted? We report it and that gets the player banned? That’s totally and utterly wrong.

“It’s up to authorities to handle these thing properly.”

Source.

So there's no way the same club would do precisely that, just three months later. No way.

Wait... I think I've got something...

Furious St Mirren manager Danny Lennon last night launched a verbal broadside at Dundee United after the Tannadice club highlighted a forearm smash by his skipper Jim Goodwin on YouTube.

The Irish midfielder accepted the offer of a two-game ban from the SFA on Monday after the off-the-ball incident with United’s Stuart Armstrong was picked up by compliance officer Vincent Lunny.

However, the Paisley club were livid after the Boxing Day flare-up at St Mirren Park was seized upon by the Tayside club and uploaded on to their YouTube page in what was perceived as an attempt to draw it to Lunny’s attention.

Source.

Well. Something doesn't quite add up there. Thompson is either forgetful, or a hypocritical c**t. I'll let you decide.

22 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

No, that can't be right.The Arabs chairman Stephen Thompson had demanded a review of SFA compliance, no less, after selective video evidence was used to ban Gavin Gunning for three games. Here's what he said:

Source.

So there's no way the same club would do precisely that, just three months later. No way.

Wait... I think I've got something...

Source.

Well. Something doesn't quite add up there. Thompson is either forgetful, or a hypocritical c**t. I'll let you decide.

So to clarify - Danny Lennon was upset because Jim Good win got a retrospective ban?

17 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

I don't remember there being this much animosity on these threads last season. What's happened?

In fairness last season we were not the 'big team' in this league, that was Hibs.  We have now assumed that mantle and will have to suffer the insults that are born of jealousy.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In fairness last season we were not the 'big team' in this league, that was Hibs.  We have now assumed that mantle and will have to suffer the insults that are born of jealousy.

Naw, we got on well with Hibs. They're a good bunch.

TBH, we were so catastrophically shit last season that I think we were largely too embarrassed to muster any real animosity. Now we're marginally better (took us months to get six points on the board last time out) so we can go back to being p***ks again. Normal service resumed.

Now off you f**k. :P

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Naw, we got on well with Hibs. They're a good bunch.

TBH, we were so catastrophically shit last season that I think we were largely too embarrassed to muster any real animosity. Now we're marginally better (took us months to get six points on the board last time out) so we can go back to being p***ks again. Normal service resumed.

Now off you f**k. :P

You're doing yourselves a disservice.  I have always found you offensive.

20 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I'd be happy if someone just explained what that sentence means.

Anyway we're going to be getting £800k from Andy Robertson's sell off to Liverpool, we will get something similar when Armstrong goes in December, not sure about Gauld yet but we'll get at least£8million from Barcelona for McMullan next summer.  That should take care of the debt and leave enough to invest in the squad and convert Dens to a car park.

Admirer of United's sell on clauses which will get you out the bit. So will keep the few life jackets for Rangers :) we have a few good sell on clauses ourselves at long last. BY the way I'm not bitter just trying to get you guys to bite the fish. 

Archived