Dumbarton vs Dunfermline Athletic

Not making this one on Saturday purely because I plan on watching Mayweather/McGregor live and if I go to the football I'll be drunk and sleeping by about half 10. It's one of the only grounds in Scotland that I've still to tick off the list, so hopefully I'll get through when we play in January.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope we've got the quilted toilet paper in this weekend for TheMessiah's wee bum.

I hear that the brown sauce for the pies is going to be supplied from a more elegant glass bottle this weekend, and the napkins for pastry products will also be quilted to pacify such sensitive flowers who feel anything other than view and level of football should affect ticket prices.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Will we see yet another "Wedderburn turn" against Dumbarton? Didn't quite come off for him on Saturday but that's worth £20 alone

Fucking hell, haven't you had enough of the racist comments for the week? Wait till @Grangemouth Bairn sees this.

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If we get a turn or him absolutely bodying the opposition, I'm more than happy. At least we got the latter on Saturday. 

I don't know if it was in the highlights but him destroying Lee Miller must have been a trigger to push Miller over the edge. Miller tried to block him making a run at throw in and Nat ran through him like he wasn't there. Two minutes later Miller tried to decapitate poor Nat. 

4 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Fucking hell, haven't you had enough of the racist comments for the week? Wait till @Grangemouth Bairn sees this.

To be fair, Nat's treatment of the Falkirk players on Saturday was borderline offensive, no player should be humiliated like that in front of his teammates and supporters, let alone three of them in one go.

20 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Will we see yet another "Wedderburn turn" against Dumbarton? Didn't quite come off for him on Saturday but that's worth £20 alone

PAH! Bitch, please. We've got Kyle Hutton now, Big Nat will be lucky to get a sniff of the ball.

12 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Better parking facilities, better corporate and hospitality facilities, generally a much higher standard of catering and toilets, better changing rooms, referees changing rooms, media and press areas, stewarding, first aiders.

Admittedly only half of that list would impact the average fan's experience, yes all stadiums will have the same basic features but a stadium like easter road has a much higher quality in those areas than Dumbarton's.

I'd say base level, to watch a championship game at a just a ptich with no stands or facilities would be around £5/10, so anything additional to that is what is being provided by the facilities.

The facility at Dumbarton are not worth an additional £10 for your 2/3 hour visit, the facilities at easter road arguably are.

Not to mention the fact that if it's baltic/pelting it down with rain, I'd much rather be sitting halfway up a stand with 3 other stands, empty or not, providing some cover.

What is this nonsense and why have you written it? How do you know what the referees changing rooms at Dumbarton are like? Please also detail the issue with the stewarding and first aiders at Dumbarton, whilst also telling us how the toilets are worse than any other ground (including our own), and what makes their pies so much than say Livingston's (the fucker burnt my mouth, although I got a free one in the second half).

The stand at Dumbarton provides plenty of cover. I was at the 2-2 game there last season and it was raining. Not so much as a drop got on me. Because the stand has a roof.

16 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You got a free pie?

Aye. I went down in the second half to get some water and they were chucking some away that they hadn't sold so asked me if it wanted one. Of course I said yes.

No wonder Dumbarton are skint if they're chucking away free pies like that. Should stick the spares in the oven come the next home game. Honest b*****ds. 

Just now, smpar said:

No wonder Dumbarton are skint if they're chucking away free pies like that. Should stick the spares in the oven come the next home game. Honest b*****ds. 

Nah this was at Livingston. 

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Nah this was at Livingston. 

I actually read that and still went on to talk about Dumbarton. Still pished from Saturday IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Anyway...

What do the Dumbarton fans make of their start to the season?

Two decent results in the first two weeks but last week showed far too many worrying signs that we are unprepared to attack teams and will play for a point every week - he dropped our two best attacking threats in Ally Roy and Nade and set up with last seasons right back at right mid for protection against a Queens side who aren't really all that great. We were also told two weeks ago that we'd be getting a striker in (which is desperately needed) but on Saturday Aitken said we probably wouldn't bring anyone in now. The plus side is that our defence is actually pretty good (the Pars to rack up a cricket score now) and everyone should be fit this week aside for Grant Gallagher (out for the season pretty much) so we should have options. Of those options, I hope and pray that Stuart Carswell starts and it would be nice to see proof that Danny Handling exists. Whilst our defensive record is only bettered by Dundee United so far, we've only scored 1 goal in 3 games and haven't had many chances beyond that.

I struggle to see us getting anything here, Cardle loves a goal against us and is probably the most in form player in the league at the moment. We'll need to score first to have any hope but that will depend largely on how Aitken sets us up.

Archived