Dumbarton vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we set up like we did yesterday it will be an away win. If we try and have at least a bit of a go we might get a result. Having our best players on the park would go some way to achieving that.

And aye, our prices are absolutely vile. Don't blame anyone who doesn't turn up, I'll have limited attendance myself this season and this game may be one that doesn't make the cut.

43 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

To make matters even worse, it's £22 for a 'cat A' fixture.

Sad!

What's Category A? Just games against Dundee United? Can't imagine they'd bring that much more than us if so. 

Think we'll roll out comfortable winners in this. We look absolutely superb up front atm. Defending can be a wee bit iffy but generally is solid. 

With United facing the rejuvenated Gavino Ronaldo it could be a huge three points if we could get a win here. Could be tough though as Dumbarton could sit in and not give our wee forwards the chance to get in behind. Might have to rely on one of the monsters at the back or big Nat to get on the end of a corner or free kick.

£20 is my personal limit so I will probably head along unless told it's a "Cat A" fixture? Not too happy about it thoigh and no change from a purple one means no food or drinks from their snack bar. It's amazing what a psychological barrier not getting change from a twenty is - had Dumbarton charged £18 or even £19 I bet there would be a lot more Pars fans heading along. Fortunately for Dumbarton, our good start will probably mean there's a healthy crowd in the away end anyway.

Cat A fixtures isn't actually the wording used on our website, it's "matches designated all-ticket" which I would imagine will be Dundee Utd and any end of season matches where a large crowd is expected.

I just hope to god a Falkirk match doesn't fall into that bracket. It was bad enough with an 18 quid effort at the end of last season.

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

I'm can't make it anyway but even if I was able to, I wouldn't be stumping up £20 for it, what are the Dumbarton board thinking? Surely just doing themselves out of money.

I'm sure some form of reasoning must be available, despite our board not wishing to provide it, but from an outsiders point of view it looks short-termist and greedy in the extreme. Cannot blame any Pars fans who run a mile from this.

Hopefully Stevie decides to actually pick a team that isn't totally lost beyond the halfway line in this. His post-match comments don't fill with me hope about that though. Get Stewart, Wilson, Walsh and Hutton on the bench, with Mango, Handling Roy and The Prince coming back in. I'd also give Johnston another shot. He gradually improved during the Betfred Cup, and is due another shot with Walsh hardly pulling up any trees thus far.

Gallacher

Wardrop Dowie Hill McLaughlin

Carswell Barr

Johnston Handling Roy

Nadé

Suspect we'll stick with something horribly negative like this though:

Gallacher

Wardrop Dowie Barr McLaughlin

Walsh Hutton Carswell Stewart

Wilson

Nadé

I like going to Dumbarton so will be at the match, but £20 is steep. Mind you, I think anything above £15 could be considered a bit too much for this level of fitba.
Both matches through there last season weren't easy so no reason to expect anything different this time. Any sort of win would give us a brilliant start before the international / Irn-Bru break.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They surely must see how insane it looks that they could charge £22 for a Dundee United game and we'd charge £18?

I extremely doubt that our board considered how much Dunfermline charge for a match against Dundee United before setting our prices. They thought "what's the max we can get away with to increase our earnings?" and £20/22 was the answer. Bottom line is we're skint and absolutely nobody wants to put money into the club, and despite it's recent success fans can't be arsed showing up either. So, milk the fans that care for all they've got is the only solution.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I extremely doubt that our board considered how much Dunfermline charge for a match against Dundee United before setting our prices. They thought "what's the max we can get away with to increase our earnings?" and £20/22 was the answer. Bottom line is we're skint and absolutely nobody wants to put money into the club, and despite it's recent success fans can't be arsed showing up either. So, milk the fans that care for all they've got is the only solution.

I'm amazed anyone is willing to pay it. Most annoying will be the people who complain and still head along.

Archived