Falkirk v Queens

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 20:52, Young gun said:

It's only a matter of time till Lyle, Dobbie,and Kane click and a good defence would be very wary !!!

We don't have a good defence so even if they don't click you will still get goals, Dobbie could very easily help himself to a hat-trick.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been an unusual pre-match thread, what happened to the arrogant Falkirk fans we all know and love?

At least they have found a like for like replacement in the seething mess role with Loy replacing Baird.  No idea why both seem to let a wee diddy team like us wind them up so much.  Strange.

28 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

This has been an unusual pre-match thread, what happened to the arrogant Falkirk fans we all know and love?

At least they have found a like for like replacement in the seething mess role with Loy replacing Baird.  No idea why both seem to let a wee diddy team like us wind them up so much.  Strange.

If we start with 9 men, we will win

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

In Baird's case probably felt he got a raw deal at Queens for whatever reason, Loy I wasn't aware got wound up by your lot

34 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I came in to this thread expecting petty arguments about crowd sizes and the like. How disappointing.

It never sits comfortably with me when the opposition fans are very pessimistic, I think I'd still be happy with a draw.

Surprised no one has mentioned that the away fans will be in the main stand for this one - dont think I've ever sat in the main stand before.

Clearly expecting a particularly low home support, meaning plenty of room for us.

14 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Surprised no one has mentioned that the away fans will be in the main stand for this one - dont think I've ever sat in the main stand before.

Clearly expecting a particularly low home support, meaning plenty of room for us.

We had Dumbarton in the main stand two weeks (3,864 attendence) and the mood is more pessimistic now.

20 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Main stand holds 4800 so even if we were doing ok there would still be enough room for the majority of away supports in this league I'd think.

In Baird's case probably felt he got a raw deal at Queens for whatever reason, Loy I wasn't aware got wound up by your lot

The club were the only ones to get a raw deal. We had the cretin on a 2 year deal and received his services for far less as he spat the dummy. Lyle and Reilly were doing a superb job for us and Baird couldn't get in. It showed to me that Baird is out for himself and clearly not a team player.

46 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Read back a bit to yesterday and it's mentioned. I'm too modest to say by whom. 

33 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

We had Dumbarton in the main stand two weeks (3,864 attendence) and the mood is more pessimistic now.

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Main stand holds 4800 so even if we were doing ok there would still be enough room for the majority of away supports in this league I'd think.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I came in to this thread expecting petty arguments about crowd sizes and the like. How disappointing.

It never sits comfortably with me when the opposition fans are very pessimistic, I think I'd still be happy with a draw.

You're right, whats happened to these people - these werent the reasonable responses I was expecting.

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The club were the only ones to get a raw deal. We had the cretin on a 2 year deal and received his services for far less as he spat the dummy. Lyle and Reilly were doing a superb job for us and Baird couldn't get in. It showed to me that Baird is out for himself and clearly not a team player.

Player in not playing and wanting away shock. Ive said it before but I dont see that Baird did much wrong, to be honest.

5 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Read back a bit to yesterday and it's mentioned. I'm too modest to say by whom. 

Sorry, I should have said by Falkirk fans

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Player in not playing and wanting away shock. Ive said it before but I dont see that Baird did much wrong, to be honest.

In hindsight I probably agree with that but at the time it just looked like he wasn't prepared to be part of a squad,  even though he didn't really merit inclusion before our other strikers.  His pre-season injury certainly didn't help as I think he would have been a mainstay of the team.  

20 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

thought the main stand was approx 4000? with two end stands approximately 2000 each giving mac of just under 8000?

Sorry i think its 4200 now that I remember. Still more than enough I'd say.

11 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

His pre-season injury certainly didn't help as I think he would have been a mainstay of the team.  

Nor did the change of manager. McIntyre brought him in as his number one and would undoubtrdly have been more likely to start him when fit. His departure left Fowler with a clean slate and Reilly and Lyle were simply in possession and doing fine.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nor did the change of manager. McIntyre brought him in as his number one and would undoubtrdly have been more likely to start him when fit. His departure left Fowler with a clean slate and Reilly and Lyle were simply in possession and doing fine.

Maybe your right about McIntyre but I doubt if he (Baird)  really reached the level of fitness that he seemed to show when at Raith. Again that may be down to not fully recovering from his injury.  I think that one of the reasons he got a hard time from our  fans when at Falkirk was that he suddenly looked fit and interested again,  the opposite of his attitude at Queens.  

A family of four (2 x adult tickets, 2 x under 12 tickets) can watch the match from the Benny T’s Family Stand for just £32. That’s a saving of £10 from the standard gate price.

To purchase your tickets at this special value rate just visit The Club Shop any time up until kick off on Saturday.

Please note, this offer is also available to Queen of the South fans who will be located in Section H of the Main Stand for this match. Any Queens fan wishing to take up this offer is again asked to visit The Club Shop before heading to Turnstiles 7 & 8.

Archived