Falkirk v Queens

9 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

That would probably be my starting XI as well. I'm not sure about the formation though. Looks a bit narrow to me, I could see Falkirk exploiting us down the wings.

I read it as a standard 4-4-2 with Carmichael and Stirling wide. I dont think it looks narrow.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at the stadium earlier and at training the squad looked very thin on numbers.

Possible some are being saved for a run out tonight I suppose but they were getting worked very hard regardless of numbers.

The Falkirk fans' pessimism on here  isn't making me feel any more optimistic that we will dish out a whuppin'.  We might scrape a win if our defence stays as solid as it has been and at least one of our strikers re-discover their scoring touch.  A set piece  is probably our best chance of a goal though.   Think I'll plump for a score draw which wouldn't be so bad. 

24 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Was at the stadium earlier and at training the squad looked very thin on numbers.

Possible some are being saved for a run out tonight I suppose but they were getting worked very hard regardless of numbers.

What times ko tonight?

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The Falkirk fans' pessimism on here  isn't making me feel any more optimistic that we will dish out a whuppin'.  We might scrape a win if our defence stays as solid as it has been and at least one of our strikers re-discover their scoring touch.  A set price is probably our best chance of a goal though.   Think I'll plump for a score draw which wouldn't be so bad. 

This.

Seen pessimism like this from other fans many times ahead of us losing.

Our set price menu is pretty good, right enough.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

This.

Seen pessimism like this from other fans many times ahead of us losing.

Our set price menu is pretty good, right enough.

Oops!  I had to read read mine a couple of times before I noticed the typo.  Sorted now though I hope.  

Away fans housed in the main stand for this according to OS.  Section H. Turnstiles 7 & 8. 

Must admit that I am very wary of the Falkirk pessimism. The core squad is pretty familiar with plenty of experience and no shortage of Championship level ability.

It has undoubtedly been a poor start all round for Bairns and we have started to show signs of improvement BUT I will be expecting the usual ding dong affair that will take some winning.

Just hope we continue with a positive outlook and go all out for win. We have goals in the team but only if we can get forward and really impose ourselves. As others have said I would include Stirling in 4-4-2 but Dykes is a strong contender for a start and Kane has to do more if he is to edge out Del and Lyndon up top.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

If Queens go out and press us from the front, attack down both flanks, run towards our defence, and have strikers who make any kind of run behind our defence, we will get hammered.

Well then!

1 hour ago, Trump said:

If Queens go out and press us from the front, attack down both flanks, run towards our defence, and have strikers who make any kind of run behind our defence, we will get hammered.

Football's just so easy when you put it like that.

Regardless of whatever state Falkirk seem to be in, it's still a step up from a side that has Kyle Hutton playing so it's the first real look at what we'll be like against a sort of similar side on paper. Both sides are fairly plodding in the centre of the park and both have full backs that can't really defend. Hopefully we can avoid getting bogged down in a central midfield slogfest in what usually seems to happen in Queens/Falkirk games. Still back Rory Loy to score seeing as he seems to not like Queens for reasons i'm not entirely sure about.

Football's just so easy when you put it like that.

Regardless of whatever state Falkirk seem to be in, it's still a step up from a side that has Kyle Hutton playing so it's the first real look at what we'll be like against a sort of similar side on paper. Both sides are fairly plodding in the centre of the park and both have full backs that can't really defend. Hopefully we can avoid getting bogged down in a central midfield slogfest in what usually seems to happen in Queens/Falkirk games. Still back Rory Loy to score seeing as he seems to not like Queens for reasons i'm not entirely sure about.

It's a simple game when you're playing us at the moment.

Archived