Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Trump said:

I disagree with Houstons comments on this journeyman patter but it's amazing how much it's gotten under your skin. Chill out bro.

One leagues top player is a higher levels  journeyman at the end of the day. 

Trust me there is absolutely nothing sad about watching Stephen Dobbie play for your club. Journeyman like him only pop up once in a blue moon. 

It remains such a shame though that with a talented player like him in our team we can't get more fans through the gates :(

1 hour ago, Steeplechat said:

It remains such a shame though that with a talented player like him in our team we can't get more fans through the gates :(

Reminds me a bit of when Stainrod played for us. He's not quite at that level but you've got to think that if Queens cant get promoted with him playing for them then will they ever get another chance?

Reminds me a bit of when Stainrod played for us. He's not quite at that level but you've got to think that if Queens cant get promoted with him playing for them then will they ever get another chance?

Absolutely spot on.

Getting Dobbie was a major coup for a club like ours and no doubt involved a significant investment. In all honesty with both Hibs and Dundee United in our league last season, even with some further investment it was a big long shot to think that we could have got promoted in that company.

I view this season's Championship as eminently winnable - if DUFC prove to be a weak favourite and there is no reason to think otherwise, the title is up for grabs. If they invest spectacularly or prove to be the real deal then it will be tough but they look very much like a Champ squad as compared with Hearts, Hibs and Rangers in recent times

QOS are no doubt probably written off as no hopers by almost everyone, including a big chunk of our own supporters,but with Dobbie and a better looking squad allied to a much more positive thinking Manager, we will never have a better chance. As you rightly infer this is the time for us to "push the boat out sensibly" to put as much quality alongside Dobbie as we can muster.

Another one or two quality players (one a midfielder) and we are equipped to give it a real go. This is the ideal time to strengthen when we actually have a huge upside to compete for.

We shall see. There are times to invest sensibly and times to rationalise spending but for us and several other traditional Championship sides this title is winnable.

On 26 August 2017 at 20:24, Bairnardo said:

Calm down mate. As log as me, you, Senor Bairn and Believe the Hype have eachother its going to be ok.

Just getting to this thread from last Wednesday as I have been out of the country and putting off reading it. Don't feel much better for doing so now right enough.

4 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Another weekend, another 30+ pages. If titles were won by match threads, we'd be pissing this league.

Housties sour grape flavoured milkshake brings the boys to yard.

Good point.

14 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Reminds me a bit of when Eddie May was manager. Team absolutely fucking clueless and manager clearly run out of ideas to fix it.

More like the end of Tottens era for me. After a number of years knocking on the door against opponents with bigger budgets the ideas ran out and we ended up with a n umber of players who had become stale at the club. Funnily enough we've even got Kerr and Miller playing.

On 08/29/17 at 23:05, BountyBairn said:

Reminds me a bit of when Eddie May was manager. Team absolutely fucking clueless and manager clearly run out of ideas to fix it.

More like a team full of old duds that thought they should have got the gig.

Archived