MOTD thread 2017/18

nelsjfc

Yes he's a fanny, but to be fair to him, I think he was more saying that if Ritchie only got a yellow for the exact same offence THEN Mane's red should be rescinded!!!
I don't usually like Sutton but I really liked how Chappers was so out of his comfort zone with Sutton that it was uncomfortable to watch him squirm at times!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ignoring Delle Alli's dive in the analysis I see. Wasn't Sturridge in an offside position when the ball was played for Liverpool's first by the way? I didn't think the touch by the defender automatically played him on in that case? Probably wrong right enough. Quite a few changes over the last few years.

9 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Ignoring Delle Alli's dive in the analysis I see. Wasn't Sturridge in an offside position when the ball was played for Liverpool's first by the way? I didn't think the touch by the defender automatically played him on in that case? Probably wrong right enough. Quite a few changes over the last few years.

Funnily enough I was talking to a referee about this the other day and he was saying how as soon as the ball touches a defender the attacker is on side. This where the likes of Sturridge (although a bit slower these days) is very difficult to deal with hovering in behind a defence. 

Funnily enough I was talking to a referee about this the other day and he was saying how as soon as the ball touches a defender the attacker is on side. This where the likes of Sturridge (although a bit slower these days) is very difficult to deal with hovering in behind a defence. 

I thought it might be something like that. It certainly used to be that you'd still be offside as long as the defender hadn't deliberately played a pass or whatever, so as to stop little nicks allowing previously offside players being played on. I suppose it's debatable as to whether the header was a deflection or a deliberate header back that was just poorly executed anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Everton now 16th - 2pts above "bottom 3" / 4pts below 9th + 10th.

It's late November.

Keown on MotD2:

"Everton are now at home to West Ham on Wednesday. Has there been a bigger game in their history?".

Hazard guess there has been, aye :blink: :huh: :lol:.

• 1 month later...

Curtains for Trevor Sinclair.

Pled guilty to drink driving and racially aggravated breach of the peace yesterday. Prosecutors dropped charges of assault, failing to provide a specimen and criminal damage.

Police got called to his house in November but found he'd driven away after drinking. Located him after he hit someone getting out of a taxi: twice the legal limit. He then accused them of racism and targeting him as he was black, before struggling with them and urinating in their police car, then finally calling them "white c***s" before taking to twitter to claim the "racist old bill are all over the Sinclair residence again tonight - thank god as a black man I've not fallen asleep again #Racist".

Fined £500, 150hrs community service, 20 months driving ban.

Kick It Out criticised his behaviour.

Show Racism the Red Card, for whose work as an ambassador he cited in his defence, "did not comment" :huh:.

Guardian sportspages say "The BBC has ditched the former England footballer Trevor Sinclair as a pundit after he racially abused a police officer who had arrested him"

so - he's still be in a job if all he had done was driven around pissed up like a củnt,  would he - just a bit of virtue-signalling by the BBC to act on the racist element, but swanning about in a motor twice the legal limit is not a sackable offence on its own ?

presumably there'd be too many broadcast colleagues or BBC execs who'd feel a little awkward if the drink driving was the only thing that lead to his sacking...

BBC response (thus far) relegated to simple regurgitation of the facts, without (worthwhile) comment, hidden away on the local news pages - way to fucking go...

shakeshead.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Once you notice that Lineker starts every sentence with ‘eh’ it really grates. Same with Shearer not being able to complete a sentence without going back a few words, makes you wonder if he really did get brain damage heading the ball. 

Archived