East Fife V's Raith Rovers

Angusfifer I will be there on Saturday will the ex-players be introduced to the crowd at half-time? Another of your players I remember from possibly 1970/71 or 72 was a foeward of yours that we used to meet most Friday nights in the Raith Ballroom his name might have been Ballie.  I know you had a Ballie played for you in the 70's that was an ex-classmate of mine from Viewforth but this was not the same person.

I think it might have been my uncle James Butch Baillie

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Angusfifer I will be there on Saturday will the ex-players be introduced to the crowd at half-time? Another of your players I remember from possibly 1970/71 or 72 was a foeward of yours that we used to meet most Friday nights in the Raith Ballroom his name might have been Ballie.  I know you had a Ballie played for you in the 70's that was an ex-classmate of mine from Viewforth but this was not the same person.

You may be thinking of Doug Dailly.

Not sure what to make of this. Confident we'll score, but that in itself doesn't win games. 
I had a look at East Fife's squad. I'd say ours is stronger but that's without knowing anything about most of the players. Ben Gordon was a very good player at Championship level and Chris Duggan seems to score a decent amount of goals. Then there's Kevin Smith, who was our stop scorer when we won the league. Other than that, I don't know much else - a few names I've heard but nothing in particular I remember.
It can't be far off a year since we last won an away game in the league, so if we could start now that would be just grand. 

Not gonna happen this week mister xxxxxxxx[emoji39][emoji39][emoji39][emoji26]

Ballieinleeds it was indeed Butch Ballie that I went to school with and McBrian you are correct it was indeed Doug Dailly.  Wonder what ever happened to the two of them?

My Uncle did indeed play for East Fife at some point. Just can't remember when though.

Doug Dailly lives in Glenrothes & attended a game at Bayview with Peter McQuade last season. And just what was he doing in a night club on a Friday night anyway? I feel a retrospective fine is due!!

I thought we would sell out to be honest, but this isn’t anywhere near as big a fixture as Dunfermline for most Rovers fans.

Im all for the #roaringback stuff but will begin to look daft if/when things don’t go our way.

Not surprised we haven't sold our allocation. Whilst we have the usual 1,500 at home matches other than Dunfermline I can't remember the last time we took close to 4 figures away from home. It's not like 08/09 when the Willie Gray factor meant tickets didn't even make a public sale. 

As for this match it's made the more interesting now by the fact we are going to have to play an 18 year old who has made 1 senior appearance or Graeme Smith who's not played since May and didn't exactly excel for Peterhead last year. 

Plenty time for Raith to sell their allocation. I was actually speaking to a Rovers supporter at work today who didn't even know it was all ticket.

Did he roar that back at you???

Dear me, Wraith struggling to sell their allocation!!!

#roaringbackeventuallymaybeperhaps

What's the ticket allocation? And how much have we roughly sold?

It's the last weekend of the festival in Edin so folk have probably opted for that instead of freezing their arse off at Bayview. I've got a Stag so won't be there for that reason. I will however be there for the game on the 1st January (if that's when it is?) with 17 layers of clothes on to stay warm haha.

As for Saturday game, I'm gonna say we'll score another 3 goals; Spence & Buchanan, with Davo scoring an OG.

Archived