East Fife V's Raith Rovers

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raith Suite before Brora match had ITV 3 on the TVs with a rerun of Emmerdale on I believe. The suite itself looked dated...it's never changed. As for hospitality over last few seasons I was told if you had a season ticket you'd get £10 off making it £40 for a 2 course meal, half bottle of wine and some half time grub....is there any wonder it was failing. Commercial stuff at Rovers is beyond a joke.

I tried to book hospitality for this match weeks ago and was told it was sold out within days of bookings being allowed. Shame as I've heard it's pretty good.

Not sure what to make of this. Confident we'll score, but that in itself doesn't win games. 

I had a look at East Fife's squad. I'd say ours is stronger but that's without knowing anything about most of the players. Ben Gordon was a very good player at Championship level and Chris Duggan seems to score a decent amount of goals. Then there's Kevin Smith, who was our stop scorer when we won the league. Other than that, I don't know much else - a few names I've heard but nothing in particular I remember.

It can't be far off a year since we last won an away game in the league, so if we could start now that would be just grand. 

9 hours ago, Big Berk said:

I was in their hospitality a few years ago when they had the preseason tournament with Southend Dundee and ourselves (obviously they look up to teams in dark blue). I was impressed.

Big Berk,

You brought back memories there re that tournament but can't for the life of me remember who won it. Can you help out here.

47 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

Big Berk,

You brought back memories there re that tournament but can't for the life of me remember who won it. Can you help out here.

Oft scraping the barrel there are you not? :lol:

3 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Big Berk,

When Ovvy went up to lift the Gilvenbank Festival Cup

We were there

We were there 

4 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Big Berk,

It was back in 2011 and is a bit vague now; it was a two day event and I think the Fife beat Dundee in the final. I've found an article about it:

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/east-fife/single-goal-win-secures-bayview-tournament-1-1740311

20 hours ago, CALDERON said:

We used to until last season but I don't know why it stopped.  I guess if it made that much they wouldn't have stopped. 

In a nutshell it was over priced for what it was......and what it was, was poor to average.

People need to come away from these things and be telling others "what a great day that was" most of the comments I heard were along the lines of  "well, it was ok!"

I think ours could have been better run.

I always prefered playing you guys at the old Bayview Park, there was always a good atmosphere in the ground.  I remember my first visit with the Rovers must have been the late 60's or 1970.  It was a Scottish cup tie we were in the old first division and East Fife were a second division side at that time.  You ripped us a new one that day 3-0 if I remember correctly, the Waddle brothers ripped us to shreds and if I remember correctly did you have a Dewar playing for you as well.  I think we got relegated at the end of that season.  I was also at the game when you beat us 5-1 we had one or two sent off and some carried off due to inept refereeing and robust tackles.  Well that's the way I saw it but it was agood old ground with a lot of history attatched to it unlike the concrete and plastic seat crap that is today's stadiums.

16 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

I always prefered playing you guys at the old Bayview Park, there was always a good atmosphere in the ground.  I remember my first visit with the Rovers must have been the late 60's or 1970.  It was a Scottish cup tie we were in the old first division and East Fife were a second division side at that time.  You ripped us a new one that day 3-0 if I remember correctly, the Waddle brothers ripped us to shreds and if I remember correctly did you have a Dewar playing for you as well.  I think we got relegated at the end of that season.  I was also at the game when you beat us 5-1 we had one or two sent off and some carried off due to inept refereeing and robust tackles.  Well that's the way I saw it but it was agood old ground with a lot of history attatched to it unlike the concrete and plastic seat crap that is today's stadiums.

George Dewar, Andy Waddell, Bobby Waddell and Peter McQuade played in the Scottish Cup tie you mention. All four will be in attendance on Saturday with George being guest of honour in the Boardroom, having celebrated his 80th birthday during the summer...

Angusfifer I will be there on Saturday will the ex-players be introduced to the crowd at half-time? Another of your players I remember from possibly 1970/71 or 72 was a foeward of yours that we used to meet most Friday nights in the Raith Ballroom his name might have been Ballie.  I know you had a Ballie played for you in the 70's that was an ex-classmate of mine from Viewforth but this was not the same person.

2 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

George Dewar, Andy Waddell, Bobby Waddell and Peter McQuade played in the Scottish Cup tie you mention. All four will be in attendance on Saturday with George being guest of honour in the Boardroom, having celebrated his 80th birthday during the summer...

I remember Jimmy Kinsella, Alec Ray and Alan Guild (or was he away to Bury by then? And Dave Gorman the keeper from around that time.

PS, I agree the old Bayview was a great spectators ground.

Archived