Morton v Livingston

Just now, Durnford said:

Anyway back to football.

The one person at Morton that worries me most is Jim Duffy

There's no way he'll accept the same performance as happened in in the cup. We'll have to be on top form for this one.

Nice try.:lol:

Quitongo looked very quick and lively, he was only on the pitch a few seconds and forced a corner. Don't know if he's a goal threat himself but he'll cause chaos in our defence and space for other Morton players to get at our goal.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, virginton said:

The ticketing system is a shambolic failure because the club didn't prepare for the possibility of a third party company not doing the job properly. The blame is shared and the club have made matters worse by sticking to their gormless charging policy. 'It goes to the yooths!' isn't a valid excuse for an additional surcharge on top an already fairly steep admission price.

That being said, if the club charged Livingston fans £40 and crammed them in a Polish-style viewing cage, they'd have my wholehearted approval.

1503501401041.jpg

18 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Don't think any Morton fan has disagreed with us about it being ridiculous, even their attention seeking troll slagged it off.

I know you're an attention seeking trolling c**t but that would actually be preferable to what we have to endure sitting in those designed for under twelves seats we get crammed into, not the 40 quid charge though, ffs don't give them any ideas or they'll be hiking that extra 2 quid by another 20.

Was scrolling through and thinking the same - that cage is preferable to the way their stewards treat away fans anyway and more comfortable and better view too.

Hate going to Greenock at the best of times for those reasons, but to pay £20 for the privilege? Nah

I don't know who thought this £2 charge is a good idea, was always going to cause a backlash - sounds more like Livi of seasons gone by tbh

As for the game, when did we last win there in the league? I am not optimistic for this one

19 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nice try.:lol:

Quitongo looked very quick and lively, he was only on the pitch a few seconds and forced a corner. Don't know if he's a goal threat himself but he'll cause chaos in our defence and space for other Morton players to get at our goal.

You're giving me PTSD flashbacks of anyone with pace blistering past Longridge now

Guess it just seems like longer after being in L1 last year and i am sure we failed to beat Morton at all the season before.

I am confident that if we get a bit of luck we have been lacking so far in the league games we can get something here, but not under estimating Morton.

I am sure we will be looking to bounce back from Saturday though

I've always enjoyed the trip to Morton but am not going to travel tomorrow on a point of principle. The £2 surcharge is one of the most shame faced things I've read about in many a year. To the (very few) Ton fans blaming the third party ticketing company.....fair enough,  but your club must have equal blame as they appointed the shysters.

I travel with my 79 yo father in law and my 13yo son - it cost us £26 for the three of us to see Brechin a couple of weeks ago. It would cost us £50 for the same group after 1pm tomorrow. This is an utter pisstake for Scottish Championship football for one working adult and two concessions.

Tough fixture for us tomorrow. I feel we have left points behind in two of our three games so far and we need to take our chances when we create them. Would take a draw right now!

It might actually have cost you £54 because according to the Morton official site they are also putting the £2 surcharge on to the concession price taking it to £17. That is way more expensive for concessions than any other team in the league. I am wondering if the ticket sellers will be wearing robbers masks tomorrow.

I travel with my 79 yo father in law and my 13yo son - it cost us £26 for the three of us to see Brechin a couple of weeks ago. It would cost us £50 for the same group after 1pm tomorrow.

No it wont. It's a fiver for a 13yo.

13 minutes ago, orco said:

And yet if you look at ticket info on the official site it does say concessions after 1.00pm £17.

https://gmfc.net/gate-prices/

Confused? You soon will be.

Nope - nothing on that link says anything about an after 1pm price. That link does not say 1pm at all anywhere on it. That link provides policies for home fan card holders and non-fan card holders once that system is in place, which is not therefore there have been specific instructions put out with ticketing arrangements for this match both on our site:

https://gmfc.net/2017/08/22/livingston-entry-arrangements/

and your own:

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/cappielow-admission-prices/

Both of which show that by looking elsewhere, you have put two and two together and got 17.

All very messy though. I'm thinking your new system is taking a while to get sorted. And why should some folk have to pay £20 just because they can't get to Greenock before 1.00pm on a Saturday. Discrimination against away fans especially.

They offered Livingston tickets to sell which was declined. The people it really discriminates are out of town Morton fans expected to be in Greenock 2 hours early every other week if they want to avoid the surcharge. The club must be doing really well if they think introducing a pricing policy that seems designed to be a deterrent to casual pay at the gate fans is a good idea.

10 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

No it wont. It's a fiver for a 13yo.

My mistake - I misread the Livi FC Facebook post and just saw the concessions/students at £15 and under 12's free. Missed the 12-16 for £5.

So Morton would only cost £40 for the three of us compared to £26 at Brechin. Bargain!

1 hour ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

They offered Livingston tickets to sell which was declined. The people it really discriminates are out of town Morton fans expected to be in Greenock 2 hours early every other week if they want to avoid the surcharge. The club must be doing really well if they think introducing a pricing policy that seems designed to be a deterrent to casual pay at the gate fans is a good idea.

There is absolutely no incentive for away clubs to sell tickets for Morton. It's a bit of a cheek actually. As I say it's a mess and is causing bad feeling.

All very messy though. I'm thinking your new system is taking a while to get sorted. And why should some folk have to pay £20 just because they can't get to Greenock before 1.00pm on a Saturday. Discrimination against away fans especially.

The website for the new system is fucked meaning fan cards can't be loaded yet. Pain in the arse. I am a Morton fan living in Bathgate so i k ow your frustration.

The problem is, the pricing for home fans is the 18/20 tiered structure. If it was flat 18 for away fans it would be discriminating against home fans.

The way they want you to look at it is - tickets cost £20, same as several clubs in the division. If you manage to get there early, you save £2.

There is absolutely no incentive for away clubs to sell tickets for Morton. It's a bit of a cheek actually. As I say it's a mess and is causing bad feeling.

The incentive is that tickets cost £20 after 1pm. Clubs can save their fans money by selling them.

What's Livi's incentive for selling the Hibs tickets for them?

7 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

What's Livi's incentive for selling the Hibs tickets for them?

It's the league cup so the gate is split. 

There's a slight chance we sell all the tickets with us actually looking decent in the cups. Don't think we will but pretty sure we came close when we played Hearts away in the cup ages ago. 

Gate isn't split for the league games and we'll only have somewhere between 100-200 so shouldn't have to worry about getting tickets in advance. 

My mistake - I misread the Livi FC Facebook post and just saw the concessions/students at £15 and under 12's free. Missed the 12-16 for £5.
So Morton would only cost £40 for the three of us compared to £26 at Brechin. Bargain!

Brechin are cheap, will give you that. You won't be going to many away games this season though if your basis is 'we aren't going if it is more expensive than Brechin.'

Morton are at least comparable to the majority of the division.

For your specific group:

ICT £45
Brechin £26
Livi £35
Falkirk £40
St Mirren £40
QOS £30
Dumbarton £40
Dunfermline £42
Dundee Utd £40
Morton £40 (£38 if arriving before 1pm).

Archived