Morton v Livingston

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Why should Livingston sell tickets in advance when they're going to have 2-300 fans going in an away end holding about 800? That's completely unnecessary. For St. Mirren selling tickets in advance made sense due to the size of crowd, there's no need for anyone else unless Falkirk or Dundee Utd have a big game here. We still have cash turnstiles at the away end, use them.

Of course, in this case it's a disgrace that home fans are being charged £20 as well. Until the website is operational and it's easy to buy tickets with the system working as it should, it should be £18 for everyone. Anything else is taking the piss.

I suppose you're right; one half of me says "well its only two pound" but then again it will make a visit to Cappilow cost the same as a visit to Tannadice. 

As much as its bad for us its a one-off; the non-season ticket holding Morton supporters must be really pee'd off  as, unless you can drop in during office hours, getting there two hours before the game isn't exactly ideal.

For me if I feel the tickets are a little over priced then I simply don't buy a programme - hence it all equals out in the end.

Just now, Scosha said:

Did you hope you'd lose before finding out admission prices then? 

Dunno about AMC13 but I was hoping for both teams being all nice and friendly and sharing the points, reckon 35 draws would keep us up this season, St Mirren ruined it last week because I was going for  36 draws before that game.

This business of adding £2 to the ticket prices if you don't buy before 1pm is ridiculous - the "fan card" system isn't working (been trying to buy a fan card online for about 6 weeks now without success) and so it is impossible to buy online prior to going to the ground.  Who turns up for a game before 1pm?  I'll not even have reached Beattock by that time.  The club should just admit that the ticketing system is currently a failure (due to the utter incompetence of Interstadia, not Morton's fault) and make it clear that there will be no surcharges for people turning up in the 2 hours before kick off.  Complete PR failure.  Sort it out, Morton.

6 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Surely you would need to find out if Livi were offered tickets to sell and at what price? If they refused, then the club would be well within their rights to use the same criteria for charging entry as they do the home support

No they wouldn't. Livingston aren't agents to make money for Morton. It's understandable in St. Mirren' case when the arrangements are reciprocated, but not in Livingston's.

And if Livingston have made the decision not to accept any tickets, that isn't a decision taken by their fans as individuals. Why should they suffer because another club refuse to do Morton's work for them?

I noted a Livingston fan saying on their Facebook page yesterday that they should charge us extra when we visit them. There's no way we as fans should pay through the nose because of our club's actions, so the same courtesy should be extended to them.

This business of adding £2 to the ticket prices if you don't buy before 1pm is ridiculous - the "fan card" system isn't working (been trying to buy a fan card online for about 6 weeks now without success) and so it is impossible to buy online prior to going to the ground.  Who turns up for a game before 1pm?  I'll not even have reached Beattock by that time.  The club should just admit that the ticketing system is currently a failure (due to the utter incompetence of Interstadia, not Morton's fault) and make it clear that there will be no surcharges for people turning up in the 2 hours before kick off.  Complete PR failure.  Sort it out, Morton.

The ticketing system is a shambolic failure because the club didn't prepare for the possibility of a third party company not doing the job properly. The blame is shared and the club have made matters worse by sticking to their gormless charging policy. 'It goes to the yooths!' isn't a valid excuse for an additional surcharge on top an already fairly steep admission price.

That being said, if the club charged Livingston fans £40 and crammed them in a Polish-style viewing cage, they'd have my wholehearted approval.

1503501401041.jpg

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno about AMC13 but I was hoping for both teams being all nice and friendly and sharing the points, reckon 35 draws would keep us up this season, St Mirren ruined it last week because I was going for  36 draws before that game.

Get your own survival plan!

Just reading through this thread, if Livingston fans show up after 1pm they will be charged £20 whereas a Morton fan can buy before 1pm and only pay £18? I thought it was a rule that the admission fee for away fans didn't exceed the admission fee for home fans?

Just reading through this thread, if Livingston fans show up after 1pm they will be charged £20 whereas a Morton fan can buy before 1pm and only pay £18? I thought it was a rule that the admission fee for away fans didn't exceed the admission fee for home fans?

AFAIK, both home and away fans would be charged £18 before 1pm and £20 thereafter.

I wasn't heading through this weekend anyway but Morton have had a shocker here.

21 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

This can't be right why should away fans need to get there two hours before a match. This must be rethought out.

Can understand applying extra charge to home fans, once they get the Fan's card working as they have option to buy in days leading up to game and eventually on line.

Away fans should get in touch with Antonia  by calling 01475 723571 during office hours 99.00 to 5.00 Mon-Fri) or by emailing: antonia@gmfc.net and seek clarification.

I know of quite a few fans who have emailed and haven't recieved a reply, the silence is deafening. 

Credit to most of the Morton fans who clearly agree that it's ludicrous by there own club. 

2 hours ago, Toby said:

I noted a Livingston fan saying on their Facebook page yesterday that they should charge us extra when we visit them. There's no way we as fans should pay through the nose because of our club's actions, so the same courtesy should be extended to them.

its also against the rules isn't it?

As I recall the instruction is something like away supporters have to be offered identical prices this home supporters for like facilities.

We actually complained a few years back for being charge extra to visit Hearts than their own fans paid at the gate and were told we were being put in the "gold" stand (upper tier) which was comparable with the same level on the opposite stand. The fact that most wanted to be on the lower and cheaper seats nearer the ground wasn't an option offered.

So the club expect away fans (and home fans who haven't bought in advance) to rock up to Cappielow before 1pm to get the tickets for £18, then what?

Are they to hang around on Sinclair street until about 2.15 when the gates open?

25 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

So the club expect away fans (and home fans who haven't bought in advance) to rock up to Cappielow before 1pm to get the tickets for £18, then what?

Are they to hang around on Sinclair street until about 2.15 when the gates open?

Does the Norseman still exist? You should be able to squeeze about twenty in there on a good night.

Livingston fans and out of town fans without season tickets are in tbe same boat. It's completely unacceptable for any club to introduce surcharges which you have no reasonable means to avoid & which are being incurred through a failure at the club to implement its own ticketing system.

16 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I know of quite a few fans who have emailed and haven't recieved a reply, the silence is deafening. 

Credit to most of the Morton fans who clearly agree that it's ludicrous by there own club. 

Don't think any Morton fan has disagreed with us about it being ridiculous, even their attention seeking troll slagged it off.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

The ticketing system is a shambolic failure because the club didn't prepare for the possibility of a third party company not doing the job properly. The blame is shared and the club have made matters worse by sticking to their gormless charging policy. 'It goes to the yooths!' isn't a valid excuse for an additional surcharge on top an already fairly steep admission price.

That being said, if the club charged Livingston fans £40 and crammed them in a Polish-style viewing cage, they'd have my wholehearted approval.

1503501401041.jpg

I know you're an attention seeking trolling c**t but that would actually be preferable to what we have to endure sitting in those designed for under twelves seats we get crammed into, not the 40 quid charge though, ffs don't give them any ideas or they'll be hiking that extra 2 quid by another 20.

Archived